Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

safe Acne meds

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:12 AM
  • 9 Replies

With my first pregnancy I stopped using all my facial products and well there wasn't a bare spot on my face, chest or back! I am almost at 8 weeks and once again my acne is starting right back up! I have 2 big ones at the end of my nose!!! I am currently using a facial wash and that's it. What products are safe to use or have you found a home remedy that works!

CafeMom Tickers
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
SuperTT
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:13 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm no help, I have the same problem but don't have any good answers so here's a Bump for answers!!

I will say that It's gotten much better, I'm 12 weeks this Thursday, and the last couple of weeks have been much better than the first few... 

mummyoftwins92
by Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:14 AM
1 mom liked this
I'd ask your gp or chemist. Maybe go for a different acne wash or creams. Something that gets deep into your pores
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Sep. 24, 2014 at 3:40 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katcough
by on Sep. 24, 2014 at 3:46 PM
I use votre Vu and it works great!!! Let me know if you want more info
LittleRed80
by Bronze Member on Sep. 24, 2014 at 3:49 PM
It will probably clear up when you get further along and the hormones regulate. The placenta will be formed by 18 weeks and symptoms ease up quite a bit.
Salicylic acid or beta hydroxy is the best for acne, but unfortunately it's not recommended during pregnancy because it's aspirin related.
Sulfur based acne products are OK for pregnancy. I don't use them because they smell and are harder to come by.
I think the best face wash otherwise is plain ol' cetaphil.
MamaBearEH
by Silver Member on Sep. 24, 2014 at 7:59 PM
I use tea tree oil and water as a toner. Microderm abrasion is also wonderful to help with acne. I've tried tons of creams, lotions, toners, medications ect. That's what's worked best for me along with getting enough water (8x 8oz glasses per day).
Glitter_Shart
by Member on Sep. 24, 2014 at 8:16 PM
I'm no help. Mine always clears up during pregnancy. But here's a bump :)
mcmlxxxv
by Bronze Member on Sep. 24, 2014 at 8:26 PM
My OB said I could use salicylic acid cleanser once a day as long as I washed it right off, just no leave-on products. I did that, and my baby is now 4 months old and healthy.
lilou
by Member on Sep. 24, 2014 at 8:48 PM
I use apple cider vinegar.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)