Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Trouble breathing..

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 4:26 PM
  • 3 Replies
Has anyone had trouble breathing at all? Im 21w3d and I tried taking a nap around noon and it's now almost 4 and the whole time I've been having trouble breathing. I feel like breathing out of my nose im not getting anything so I've had to do it out of my mouth . My stomach is pumping alittle hard and I feel alittle pressure on my chest. It almost feel like a panic attack bc my heart kind of makes a twitchy feeling every now and then but I'm not panicked about anything? I did have a touch a asthma back in the day but out grew my inhaler and my doctor no longer thought I needed it bc I had no more issues( been like 5 years) should I go get checked out at the ER? Multiple people said I should , but I want to wait until my husband gets home in a couple hours other wise I would be going alone and don't really want to drive by myself . Thanks for the advice! Just wondering if it's normal ...
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 4:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
LittleRed80
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 7:02 PM
That is right around the time that I always get shortness of breath from pregnancy. Uterus is starting to move up north of the belly button and smashing all of your guts up towards your lungs. I think it's worse the shorter you are. If it feels worse (especially rapidly) or you feel faint call the doc.
dreaminyellow
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 7:53 PM
Yes it's normal to have shortness of breath and it could also be your asthma. I had to start taking my inhaler again around 20 weeks as my lungs couldn't always handle the extra stress from my growing uterus. I recommend talking to your doctor about it and maybe get checked out when hubbie gets home just to be safe. Can't be too cautious!

Quoting Kparis23: Has anyone had trouble breathing at all? Im 21w3d and I tried taking a nap around noon and it's now almost 4 and the whole time I've been having trouble breathing. I feel like breathing out of my nose im not getting anything so I've had to do it out of my mouth . My stomach is pumping alittle hard and I feel alittle pressure on my chest. It almost feel like a panic attack bc my heart kind of makes a twitchy feeling every now and then but I'm not panicked about anything? I did have a touch a asthma back in the day but out grew my inhaler and my doctor no longer thought I needed it bc I had no more issues( been like 5 years) should I go get checked out at the ER? Multiple people said I should , but I want to wait until my husband gets home in a couple hours other wise I would be going alone and don't really want to drive by myself . Thanks for the advice! Just wondering if it's normal ...
OneToughMami
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 8:49 PM

If you had asthma in the past, definitely bring it up with your doctor. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)