Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Display Shower Opinions?

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 4:30 PM
  • 14 Replies

Is anyone else doing this? A shower where you request that people save their money on wrapping paper, bags and bows and instead bring gifts unwrapped. The gifts get displayed on a big table with a tag so you know who it's from and the shower consists of games, a meal and socializing. No sitting through an endless process of gift opening, etc. Good idea or bad? My mom wants to throw me an unwrapped shower (& she is paying for it) but I am worried people will think it's weird and not understand the concept

by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 4:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OneToughMami
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 5:06 PM
1 mom liked this
My friend did that for her baby shower. I wanted to unwrap my baby shower gifts at home but I was forced into unwrapping at the venue.
CamaroMama214
by Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 5:09 PM
1 mom liked this
I think that's a neat idea. I hated opening a ton of gifts and having to act excited about each one while everyone is staring at you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LittleRed80
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 7:16 PM
1 mom liked this
I've never heard of this, but I like the idea. I always hated having to open in front of everyone. I hate having to watch when I'm attending a shower, too.
LittleRed80
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 7:16 PM
1 mom liked this
I've never heard of this, but I like the idea. I always hated having to open in front of everyone. I hate having to watch when I'm attending a shower, too.
dreaminyellow
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 7:49 PM
1 mom liked this
This actually sounds like a great idea. I think some of the old fashioned people might think it's weird but I personally love the idea.

Quoting Jen-ash:

Is anyone else doing this? A shower where you request that people save their money on wrapping paper, bags and bows and instead bring gifts unwrapped. The gifts get displayed on a big table with a tag so you know who it's from and the shower consists of games, a meal and socializing. No sitting through an endless process of gift opening, etc. Good idea or bad? My mom wants to throw me an unwrapped shower (& she is paying for it) but I am worried people will think it's weird and not understand the concept

OneToughMami
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 8:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting LittleRed80: I've never heard of this, but I like the idea. I always hated having to open in front of everyone. I hate having to watch when I'm attending a shower, too.

Yeah the most boring part of the baby shower is opening the gifts. They were for my baby and I got completely bored halfway through.

MamaBearEH
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 9:30 PM
1 mom liked this

I've heard of this a few times, and I think it's a lovely idea!  People always pass around the gifts so everyone can see anyhow right?

Jsanchez125
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Since shes throwing the shower let her do it her way. But i personally love opening presents. Makes me so excited to imagine baby wearing/ using all the gifts. Also I'm sure everyone would appreciate spending a little less on wrapping paper and bags.
Jen-ash
by on Sep. 24, 2014 at 9:04 AM

Thanks everyone!   I am going to let my mom run with the idea since she is footing the bill after all.  Anyone who has the nerve to say something to me or my mom at the shower is the rude one, not us :) 

ShyShyne
by Member on Sep. 24, 2014 at 10:14 AM
1 mom liked this

I like this idea- I was actually considering not opening gifts at shower and focusing more on games and food... but thought it would be rude... but how perfect! unwrapped gifts displayed on a table with a label saying who its from!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)