Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

very tmi but need help

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 5:23 PM
  • 14 Replies
Im goig on 37 weeks pregnant and my vaginal area was really itchy i didnt itch at all iv been tested for yest an infection all came back clean but now my area hurts and really uncomfortable what can i do is there a cream i can use i cant deal with the discomfort
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 5:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
prenatalRN
by Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 5:23 PM

perhaps you just need to air it out? try going without undies at night?

lilshortmomma
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 5:25 PM
Ill try thank u :-)

Quoting prenatalRN:

perhaps you just need to air it out? try going without undies at night?

vbqueenb
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 5:27 PM
2 moms liked this

i use to have the same issue not trying to be funny but when you wash do you dry the area really well. sometimes if its not dry it can cause you to itch. also as a relief i would get in the shower and use my detachable shower head make the water as hot as i can stand and just let it sit on there until the itching stopped and then i would just pat it dry. also this might be tmi but when you pee and wipe do you wipe or just let the tissue soak up the urine. try just letting the tissue soak up the urine because i found that toilet paper makes me itchy if it touches the inside of my vagina. hope these things help you out.

rissat79
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 5:30 PM

Ever since second trimester same thing here. I believe for me it is my toilet paper, I have become very sensitive to it.  Having to pee 100x's a day and the wiping does irritate tons.

lilshortmomma
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 5:39 PM
After showering i dry very well and after peeing i pat then wipe caus ewiping has been hurting but for the past week iv been having more discharge and cramps along with lose stools my doc said it is all normal but the discomfort and pain is getting so bad i cant sit or get comfortable an with two kids i dont get to rest much at all an dmy shower head doesnt come off would a. Hot bath help with itch

Quoting vbqueenb:

i use to have the same issue not trying to be funny but when you wash do you dry the area really well. sometimes if its not dry it can cause you to itch. also as a relief i would get in the shower and use my detachable shower head make the water as hot as i can stand and just let it sit on there until the itching stopped and then i would just pat it dry. also this might be tmi but when you pee and wipe do you wipe or just let the tissue soak up the urine. try just letting the tissue soak up the urine because i found that toilet paper makes me itchy if it touches the inside of my vagina. hope these things help you out.

aliciajw1985
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 5:40 PM
I'm 38 weeks and have become very sensitive to toilet paper too. I started using cottonelle wet wipes they have helped.
lilshortmomma
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 5:42 PM
:-( iv tried the wipes they burn me

Quoting aliciajw1985: I'm 38 weeks and have become very sensitive to toilet paper too. I started using cottonelle wet wipes they have helped.
vbqueenb
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 5:56 PM

Quoting lilshortmomma: After showering i dry very well and after peeing i pat then wipe caus ewiping has been hurting but for the past week iv been having more discharge and cramps along with lose stools my doc said it is all normal but the discomfort and pain is getting so bad i cant sit or get comfortable an with two kids i dont get to rest much at all an dmy shower head doesnt come off would a. Hot bath help with itch
Quoting vbqueenb:

a hot bath should help however when the vagina is irritated(at least mines) soap makes it worse so i wouldnt put anything in the water or wash up in the water if you need to wash up i would shower then soak in a tubn of plain water. i just gave birth on 5-13-14 and i had diarrhea the entire time i was preggo it was my morning sickness instead of vomiting so i think that is a new norm i hope you get some relief soon if men only knew

CafeMom Tickers
vbqueenb
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 5:57 PM

oh since your shower head doesnt come off you can get a squirt bottle and fill it with hot water and spray it on yourself i did that when i didnt have one

lilshortmomma
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 5:59 PM
Im going to try thank u all in hopping something helps

Quoting vbqueenb:

oh since your shower head doesnt come off you can get a squirt bottle and fill it with hot water and spray it on yourself i did that when i didnt have one

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)