Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sick as a dog! (looking for advice)

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 9:36 PM
  • 14 Replies
Hi everyone, I've got a pretty nasty cold and I'm wondering if anyone has any pregnant friendly advice for cough and runny/stuffy nose relief. Thanks in advance!
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 9:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dreaminyellow
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 11:12 PM
Bump. No advice for a sick mom to be? :-(
kristen518-06
by Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 11:15 PM
Have you tried a netti pot for the stuffy nose? There isn't any medicine in it so should be ok and my Dr says anything Tylenol is ok. I know that over the counter stuff isn't the best but would maybe be better then nothing
HopingIn2015
If it's respiratory your doctor may be able to prescribe something. Just a common cold, rest and hydrate. Hope you feel better.
HopingIn2015
If it's respiratory your doctor may be able to prescribe something. Just a common cold, rest and hydrate. Hope you feel better.
dreaminyellow
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 11:18 PM
Thanks for the suggestion of the netti pot. I'll see about giving that a try. A lot of decongestants meds I've seen are no-nos and all I want is a little relief. Thanks again!

Quoting kristen518-06: Have you tried a netti pot for the stuffy nose? There isn't any medicine in it so should be ok and my Dr says anything Tylenol is ok. I know that over the counter stuff isn't the best but would maybe be better then nothing
dreaminyellow
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 11:20 PM
Thanks, I'm definitely going to see my GP just in case. Feels like a cold but who knows. DH is making sure I stay hydrated and rest so I'm in good hands. Lol

Quoting HopingIn2015: If it's respiratory your doctor may be able to prescribe something. Just a common cold, rest and hydrate. Hope you feel better.
kristen518-06
by Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 11:21 PM
1 mom liked this
You're welcome! Hope it gives you some relief

Quoting dreaminyellow: Thanks for the suggestion of the netti pot. I'll see about giving that a try. A lot of decongestants meds I've seen are no-nos and all I want is a little relief. Thanks again!

Quoting kristen518-06: Have you tried a netti pot for the stuffy nose? There isn't any medicine in it so should be ok and my Dr says anything Tylenol is ok. I know that over the counter stuff isn't the best but would maybe be better then nothing
HopingIn2015
by Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 11:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Glad you're being taken care of! You're right about the decongestant. My doc told me I could take Mucinex for sinus issues, but not to take anything with the D or DM.

Quoting dreaminyellow: Thanks, I'm definitely going to see my GP just in case. Feels like a cold but who knows. DH is making sure I stay hydrated and rest so I'm in good hands. Lol

Quoting HopingIn2015: If it's respiratory your doctor may be able to prescribe something. Just a common cold, rest and hydrate. Hope you feel better.
HisUsmcWifey
by Silver Member on Sep. 24, 2014 at 4:05 AM
I second the netti pot but make sure you aren't using tap water in it. The water you use needs to be distilled or something from the bottle.

prdmama82
by Bronze Member on Sep. 24, 2014 at 8:07 AM
My midwives told me to take Tylenol and Benadryl, Claritin, or Zyrtec. Also to drink plenty of fluids and to use a saline only nasal spray.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)