Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Could I still have two?

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 10:52 AM
  • 5 Replies
Around September 23rd they noticed I had made two eggs my body was producing hormones and fluid to the sac as if the 2nd baby had survived but my doctor assured me the 2nd baby had stoped if he had ever even started to grow. At my appointment yesterday i saw a different doctor than last time i told her i thought the 2nd one looked alittle bigger than it had last time she told me it was not possible. Baby #1 is 9weeks 5 days baby #2 would have to be less than 5 or 6weeks cuz he still doest have a heart beat has anyone ever had babies conceived that far apart could it be possible the doctor could be wrong and baby #2 is still growing? It sure did look bigger yesterday than it did last month.
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 10:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
rmgriffberg
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 11:08 AM

no idea but here is a bump, and good luck!

HisUsmcWifey
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 12:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Not sure but since the doctors think the second baby didn't make it a while back I doubt it's getting bigger. Sometimes when they do ultrasounds they zoom in a tad to see baby and it can make it look bigger than it is.
MamaBearEH
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 12:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Your cervix closes when you become pregnant & sperm don't live for more than a few days maximum, so no I don't think it's possible for you to separately conceive two children over a month apart.  From your description it sounds like you initially conceived twins, and one of them stopped developing.  I would trust in what the doctors are saying.

Find out what's going on in our journey in my pregnancy journal...
from 27 weeks | 28 weeks | ...

kelly617
by Gold Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 4:01 PM

Except in very very very rare cases you stop ovulating as soon as you get pregnant...so there would be no way for you to "get pregnant" a month after you already were
And unfertilized eggs only live for about 24hrs max....so if both eggs were from the same ovulation they would be at the same stage of gestation.

So unfortunately no it sounds like the doctors are right....you ovulated two eggs (or the eggs split) and both were fertilized but only one egg actually developed into a fetus

melindabelcher
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 5:10 PM

Not likely. 

If you had an u/s a month ago and the baby was 5-6weeks today then it wouldn't have been visible at all last visit. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)