Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Convince me...

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 8:49 PM
  • 10 Replies
To wait until birth to find out the gender! This will be my third baby, I have both a boy and a girl and I found out half way through about their genders! I kinda want to wait because this is my last pregnancy and last chance for a surprise, but I'm very impatient and I need some strong reasons for waiting. :)
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 8:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Imperfect_Faith
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:01 PM
If that's what you want, go for it. I plan to find out as soon as we can.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
flowerfunleah
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I couldnt do it lol 

But if you have the gumption and patience to wait go for it! My friend Anji, she has a boy, and that was it until she got pregnant again and she waited the WHOLE pregnancy until birth! It could have been a boy! It could have been a girl! People got really upset with her for not finding out lol 

She had a girl btw, she's adorable! 

MamaBearEH
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 10:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Some reasons to wait are:

1. Gender mix-ups - nothing is 100% other than birth.
  2. Gender disappointment - avoid experiencing depression or hard feelings if baby turns out not to be what you'd hoped.
  3. No medical benefit to knowing the gender.
  4. Not knowing allows you to focus on you & baby's health.
  5. You're giving yourself the opportunity to go through labour excited.  No it's not the same as when you know, because it's like extra drive!

But honestly... if you want to know... then find out.

Find out what's going on in our journey in my pregnancy journal...
from 27 weeks | 28 weeks | ...

TwoLittleFrogs
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 11:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I had the best surprise of my life with the birth of our first daughter. We were convinced, based on old wives tales and intuition, that she was a boy. We were partly right; she is a bit of a tomboy! It was a great experience.

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Oct. 17, 2014 at 7:14 PM
Great reasons!

Quoting MamaBearEH:

2. Gender disappointment - avoid experiencing depression or hard feelings if baby turns out not to be what you'd hoped.
  5. You're giving yourself the opportunity to go through labour excited.  No it's not the same as when you know, because it's like extra drive!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HazelBug
by Bronze Member on Oct. 17, 2014 at 8:21 PM
I just had a baby and waited to find out. It was great motivation during hard labor because I'm such a curious person. I was honestly suprised I edned up having a baby girl. :)
Jsanchez125
by Bronze Member on Oct. 17, 2014 at 8:28 PM
Loved your reasons!!

I honestly couldn't think of any reasons to give. I also agree with being depressed if the gender is not what you hoped. This happened to me and i was very upset for a whole month because i dont get to have my Damian. I'm having a girl and I'm 32 weeks and we still havent picked a name because we were so sure it would be a boy.

Quoting MamaBearEH:

Rhyinns.Mommy
by on Oct. 17, 2014 at 8:32 PM
1 mom liked this
My DH wanted a surprise for both my babies... I'm sooooooo not that person I want to know right away so I told him it'll be a surprise till the ultrasound. You can even do the whole surprise at the store if you want as a way to hold out a little longer.

Quoting MummaNik: To wait until birth to find out the gender! This will be my third baby, I have both a boy and a girl and I found out half way through about their genders! I kinda want to wait because this is my last pregnancy and last chance for a surprise, but I'm very impatient and I need some strong reasons for waiting. :)
MamaBearEH
by Silver Member on Oct. 17, 2014 at 8:33 PM

It seems a lot of mother's are really affected emotionally by the gender of the baby like that.  Pregnancy can be hard enough without being stuck in a funk like that!  And, it's really hard to be disappointed at the gender when you're holding your little one for the first time... even when it's not what you expected.

Quoting Jsanchez125: Loved your reasons!! I honestly couldn't think of any reasons to give. I also agree with being depressed if the gender is not what you hoped. This happened to me and i was very upset for a whole month because i dont get to have my Damian. I'm having a girl and I'm 32 weeks and we still havent picked a name because we were so sure it would be a boy.
Quoting MamaBearEH:

Find out what's going on in our journey in my pregnancy journal...
from 27 weeks | 28 weeks | ...

.oOMellyOo.
by Bronze Member on Oct. 17, 2014 at 8:34 PM

We're going "team green" with this one.... this is the last one and it adds to the excitement! Its hard to make baby four special so for us this is one way to add to his or her arrival. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)