Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

39 Weeks- UNBEARABLE PAIN- HELP

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 2:24 PM
  • 6 Replies
Im 39 weeks along with my first pregnancy. I have my last scheduled appointment today. I want an induction, but I dont want to actually ASK for one because im afraid my ob will think its just because im impatient. I am very ready to meet my little girl, but thats not why I want induced.

Every night for the past 2 weeks ive had extremely painful cramping and contractions all night long, so I only get about 4 hours of sleep a night. The past 4 days I get irregular EXTREMELY painful contractions for like 6 hours during the day,I cant walk through them, and just have to hang on my husband because I can barely stand. Also, the past 3 days I have had extreme pelvic pain, I cannot walk, I cannot stand more than a few seconds. Ive tried showers, thinking heat would help. It doesnt.

I have a very high pain tolerance, but all of this happening on a daily basis has worn me down too much..

If I tell my ob my problems, will she probably suggest induction?
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 2:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mss119
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 2:32 PM
Talk to your doctor. If she suggests something you aren't sure about, tell her you want to do some research before agreeing. If she recommends something you disagree with, then decline politely.

Oh, and if she suggests induction, talk to her about your bishop score, it's a pretty reliable predictor of the success of an induction:

http://www.babymed.com/tools/bishop-score-induction-calculator
kenna2014
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 2:35 PM
I've done all the research I can on all induction processes. I scored an 8 on the bishop score calculator. Im dilated to a 2 and 60% effaced. I want to have a natural child birth if its safe too, so I'd like her to try stripping my membranes or breaking my water first, and once my water is broken, if it doesnt start labor, then start pitocin. I wouldnt get an induction if I didnt think I was going to go crazy with all this pain.. its too much. And my mom was built the way I am, and had extreme complications with a 6 pound baby! So if mine gets big, im scared I'll have problems too.
lovemytwo88
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:26 PM
Just talk to her! Tell her how you have been feeling and what is going on! And good luck!
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Nov. 7, 2014 at 8:51 PM
How are you now?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
musicaldoula
by Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 1:26 PM

This is all good! Those painful contractions are sofening your cervix, moving your cervix from facing back to alligning with the vaginal canal (anterior) in preparation for progressive labor. In my experience, if you can hang in there (try baths to relax), seriously, you'll get over the hump of preparation and boom! It will be showtime with a relatively faster labor. You can try sex and orgasm and nipple stimulation to see if that will kick things in, but it sounds like your body is actively prepping.

Pitocin Induced contractions are much more painful then natural induced contractions, so if you're hoping for a natural birth, I'd definitely avoid breaking the bag of water before labor (that winds the clock increasing rates of cesarean if you don't progress fast enough for your doctor's taste). 

LittleRed80
by Bronze Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 1:32 PM
I went through this with my last pregnancy for about a month. I went to the hospital 3 times because I thought I was in labor (and I had had 2 babies already) I finally told my Dr. I was miserable and she broke my water during a scheduled induction. The good thing was that I was already 6cm dilated when I went in to be induced and the rest of labor and delivery only took 1 1/2 hours.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)