• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Having trouble breathing...it hurts :/

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 8:04 PM
  • 4 Replies
So ever since last night I've been having a sharp pain in my left side below my ribs, like where my kidney sits, and its only when I breathe...If I take a regular breath its ok I don't feel it, but if I take a deep breath it hurts really bad, but it doesn't hurt to the touch....Should I call the nurse?
I'm 12 weeks with twins...
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 8:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
.oOMellyOo.
by Bronze Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 8:17 PM

My first guess would be a broken/cracked rib, or a pulled muscle. But I would ventre to think that you are not far enough along for the first.... so my second guess would be a possible kidney infection. I would definately call. I've only ever had one kidney infection and I thought I was being stabbed with steak knives.

tasha_salazar
by Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 8:45 PM
Yea I've had 1 before too but it was years ago and I can't really remember the pain...I called the nurse and she said she's going to call the obgyn and call me back

Quoting .oOMellyOo.:

My first guess would be a broken/cracked rib, or a pulled muscle. But I would ventre to think that you are not far enough along for the first.... so my second guess would be a possible kidney infection. I would definately call. I've only ever had one kidney infection and I thought I was being stabbed with steak knives.

Pipersmom1988
by Bronze Member on Nov. 5, 2014 at 8:08 AM
I would definitely go to the doctors. I had pneumonia without even knowing it and had the same problem.
Jsanchez125
by Bronze Member on Nov. 5, 2014 at 8:19 PM
That happens to me but its because my stomach had gotten so big my diaphragm was being squeezed. I was told to drink lots and lots of water. Somehow that did help. But I'm not sure this is your problem since your only 12 weeks. I would go see the dr asap
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)