Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Choosing the gender of your baby

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:41 PM
  • 15 Replies

I'm an MA student and we discussed the ethics of choosing the gender of your chidlren in class, and it made me wonder what the mamas on here think about the subject. There are ways to do it in a lab and there are ways that people say can tip the odds in favor of one or the other; has anyone here tried any of those things? What did you try and what was the result? Did anyone criticize you for your choice? I know it's a lot of questions, but I suppose I'm curious because I have always wanted a daughter of my own.

by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HisUsmcWifey
by Silver Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:46 PM
1 mom liked this
I never tried anything to "tip the scales" nor do I believe in any of the at home methods of getting a boy or girl. I think people just need to be happy with whatever they get.
abifasc
by Silver Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:01 PM
I tried a natural gender sway for this baby (for a girl) and got a boy. I do believe the science behind it, but I'm thrilled for this son. I don't believe in anything more complicated than changing diet, etc.
Butterfly_xo
by Taylor Lynn on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:16 PM

After the birth of our first born son, we tried the shettles theory for a girl. We tried for 2 cycles and we didn't even get pregnant. Finally the third cycle we had conceived only to have a miscarriage. 3 months later, we had conceived our second boy lol. I love my boys to pieces and I'm not going to try to "sway" for a girl anymore. I know many people that get the opposite of what they were "swaying" to get. I think it's 50/50 regardless.

Lilacs399
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:18 PM
I've never tried it but me and my husband thought about it if we didn't get a girl but only if we were doing ivf which thank god i got pregnant without ivf
MamaBearEH
by Silver Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:57 PM
1 mom liked this
I think it is up to Mother Nature and we should be leaving it that way.
Mammacra
by Bronze Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:58 PM
I did gender swaying for a girl it worked. Just Google line douche.
Imperfect_Faith
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:37 PM
You can't do anything to determine gender naturally, there are WAY too many variables. You can determine it through IVF, and I don't see what the problem is with choosing that in that situation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aritoyh
by Member on Nov. 5, 2014 at 11:47 PM

I've never tried to sway either way but if I could choose I'd have picked two boys and two girls. So far I have two boys, 1 girl and we haven't found out what this baby is yet. 

Irish_mama_2011
by Member on Nov. 6, 2014 at 10:36 PM

You're going to have to send me the link because what I got when I searched for that has nothing to do with babies lol

Quoting Mammacra: I did gender swaying for a girl it worked. Just Google line douche.

courtAKAmommy
by on Nov. 7, 2014 at 1:03 AM
2 moms liked this
I don't think we should play God. What's wrong with just being happy with a healthy baby? I know many who will never experience that.
As far as if I think you can sway your chances. I don't really think so. I've read a few articles about the science behind it but it's never worked 100%.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)