Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:24 PM
  • 20 Replies
I'm about to be 18 im not ready to have a kid but idk if I'm even pregnant yet.

This might be a little to much info sorry if so.

Last week my boyfriends condom broke. But I took the plan b pill. But last night I started what I thought was my period and it's extra heavy and it's pink/red watery period blood. I took a pregnancy test and it was broken an didn't say negative or positive. Has this happened to anyone else I need help. Please.
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Imperfect_Faith
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:35 PM
Plan B can mess up your period. That being said, it isn't 100%, and if you are overweight, it's effectiveness is reduced even more. Take a pregnancy test, and then another in a week if the first is negative. If you are pregnant, you don't have to have a child, abortion is an option and you are still very early. Adoption is another option, though you'd need the father's consent. If you are pregnant (and before you freak out, find out) go to a family planning clinic where you will get factual information on all three of your choices, and then decide. Good luck. And get on birth control if you plan to continue having sex. Condoms are great, but you should really double up on protection.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Em12345
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:37 PM
I only weigh 120 and if I go to the health clinic will they tell my parents. They can't right?!?
anotherandree
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:37 PM

If the condom just broke a week ago, it might be too early for a pregnancy test.  I would wait a week.

Em12345
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:38 PM
Thanks for your help
Imperfect_Faith
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:39 PM
No, in the US, they can't. If you're in another country, I don't know.

Quoting Em12345: I only weigh 120 and if I go to the health clinic will they tell my parents. They can't right?!?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Em12345
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:40 PM
I'm in the us. Lol thanks this helps a lot
Imperfect_Faith
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:42 PM
You're welcome. Do you have a Planned Parenthood or other family planning clinic close by? Most will also do sliding scale pay for any services.

Quoting Em12345: I'm in the us. Lol thanks this helps a lot
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Em12345
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:46 PM
I live in a small town so we have a health clinic where I get my shots that does the pregnancy and birth control (all that good stuff) there. I think I'll go Thursday.
LittleRed80
by Bronze Member on Nov. 5, 2014 at 12:15 AM
It's too early to tell if you are pregnant if the incident was only 1 week ago. Did you take the plan b right away?
Do you know when you were supposed to get your period? One of the ways that plan b works is to disrupt the lining of your uterus to keep a possible fertilized egg from attaching, so that probably explains your weird period.
And no, a clinic can't disclose anything to your parents.
Em12345
by on Nov. 5, 2014 at 12:27 AM
I was supposed to start best week but I started this week. And it's no where near a regular period. I get cyst on my ovaries all the time and the doctor told me if I get pregnant it was really likely that I would have a ectopic pregnancy. So I'm worried If I was pregnant if I had a really miscarriage.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)