Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Questions on EDD

Posted by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 4:41 PM
  • 9 Replies

My last LMP was 5/10/14 and which means my due date os valentines day of 2015, my first, second, and third ultrasound matches my due date perfectly. when i went to the doc when i was 23 weeks i was measuring 25cm but when i went back at 25 weeks im now measuring 31 (Mind you different doctor did the 31cm measurements) should i be worried? can my  due date really be off?

by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 4:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
anotherandree
by Bronze Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 5:01 PM
From what I understand, u/s does after 20 wks are very subjective bc that is really when babies start doing their own thing. One baby will be crazy long and another will be short and trying to measure that past a certain time just wouldn't work. And I don't know if it was a typo but cm does not equal gestation age.
BriCole
by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 5:26 PM
no cm as in centimeters as in the measurements of my stomach

Quoting anotherandree: From what I understand, u/s does after 20 wks are very subjective bc that is really when babies start doing their own thing. One baby will be crazy long and another will be short and trying to measure that past a certain time just wouldn't work. And I don't know if it was a typo but cm does not equal gestation age.
devoted31
by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 5:32 PM

I wouldn't' worry about it, lots of things can influence how you are measuring. 

anotherandree
by Bronze Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 5:42 PM

Sorry!  I got confused when you switched from u/s measurement to uterus measurement! 

Quoting BriCole: no cm as in centimeters as in the measurements of my stomach
Quoting anotherandree: From what I understand, u/s does after 20 wks are very subjective bc that is really when babies start doing their own thing. One baby will be crazy long and another will be short and trying to measure that past a certain time just wouldn't work. And I don't know if it was a typo but cm does not equal gestation age.

GodsAmiga
by Silver Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 5:45 PM

It's nothing to worry about. :-) With my first I started measuring a few weeks ahead and stayed measuring ahead for months. She was born 13 days after my due date. Turned out to be a ton of water. :-) 

HisUsmcWifey
by Silver Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 9:44 PM
The later the US or fundal height measurements the more off they are. You earlier measurements are correct. I'm measuring 2 weeks ahead now at 30 weeks but it still doesn't change my due date. You could be measuring bigger because of excess fluid, the way baby is laying, etc.
Larsbug
by on Nov. 9, 2014 at 8:52 AM

no, your first ultrasound is correct, all subsequent ultrasound measurements are off and not as accurate. Your DD is still V-day

Larsbug
by on Nov. 9, 2014 at 8:53 AM
1 mom liked this

and fundal height (where they measure your stomach) is NOT an accurate measurement for anything...not really sure why they do it because that measurement doesn't take into account a lot of things.

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Nov. 9, 2014 at 4:12 PM

I wouldn't worry.  Fundal heights can be off.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)