Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tips for Ultrasound...

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 12:10 PM
  • 12 Replies

I have an ultrasound tomorrow, and I will be 14.6 weeks. DH has not been to an ultrasound since the first one at 7 weeks (due to work), so I want him to really enjoy this one, as I do not know when he will be able to make it to another one :(

I know to drink at least 32oz of water before an Ultrasound and NOT to pee an hour before, but is there anything else to maybe make the babies move around more? I have seen them move since I've been to 3 Ultrasounds, but since they don't let you record anything, he hasn't got to see them move yet, & I'm not feeling any movement yet either. 

I've read that maybe eating some chocolate, or drinking a glass of juice can make them move around a little more than usual....Is this true? Has anyone tried anything & had success?

Thanks for any input ladies :)

busy mom

by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 12:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kelza
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 12:16 PM
1 mom liked this

When I went for my daughter's ultrasound she wasn't moving much until I had a random coughing fit! I guess she got mad at me because when I was done coughing, she started moving all over the place!!

Good luck tomorrow! My hubby had to miss a lot of them too because of work, 

tasha_salazar
by Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 3:14 PM

Lol she must not have liked that!

Thanks for the input :)

Quoting kelza:

When I went for my daughter's ultrasound she wasn't moving much until I had a random coughing fit! I guess she got mad at me because when I was done coughing, she started moving all over the place!!

Good luck tomorrow! My hubby had to miss a lot of them too because of work, 

MamaBearEH
by Silver Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:10 PM

Having the baby move around too much for a medical ultrasound is not in your best interests, because they may not be able to do their jobs properly - check on baby's health.

If it's a novelty ultrasound then you can try having some sugar.  Orange juice is a typical recommendation.

Find out what's going on in our journey in my pregnancy journal...
from 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 weeks | 33 weeks34 weeks | ...

marissabrookee
by Silver Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 5:09 PM
at almost 15 weeks you shouldn't have to drink the water before the ultrasound. I just had my last ultrasound at 11w4d and I didn't have to drink water.
kgbm13
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 8:37 PM

SO also works away from home and can't go to most appointments but once everything is ok on ultrasound it is oked to record.  They don't want you recording anything bad to sue them.  Can't wait for dec 2nd he will be home and I'll be 12.4.

noah2015
by on Nov. 25, 2014 at 10:44 AM
Well if the baby doesn't move, the nurse will begin to put pressure in your womb. And trust me that's how the baby wakes up. I believe I made the mistake to get an appointment as soon as the 4d ultrasound place open, having me all rush and eating some snacks on the way. It's better when belly is full I believe, that's when my girl is fully active and awake. Although she was asleep when we got to the clinic the nurse woked Her up and we got to see her open her eyes on the screen projector :)))). They know how to make it work so don't worry! :)
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Nov. 28, 2014 at 1:15 AM
How did it go?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mamajustice92
by Member on Nov. 28, 2014 at 1:26 AM
If its just a fun one. Try a lil soda or juice and you dont need full ladder. I had some soda my son at my.gender scan was going crazy. My gender scan at 14 weeks, they,prefered me to have an empty bladder
tasha_salazar
by Member on Nov. 28, 2014 at 11:39 AM

It didn't :(

DH and I got into a huge fight and it has led to me moving out....

He has missed 6 appts, and he missed that one too thats how the fight started, then it continued when he said "there is nothing I can do for them now, you act like I'm a dad already, their still in your stomach!!!"

So I just canceled it and I made an appt at a 3d/4d ultrasound place for a Gender Reveal only on Dec 19th, so you all will know then :)

Quoting kmqw229: How did it go?

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Nov. 28, 2014 at 1:14 PM
I'm sorry :(

Quoting tasha_salazar:

It didn't :(

DH and I got into a huge fight and it has led to me moving out....

He has missed 6 appts, and he missed that one too thats how the fight started, then it continued when he said "there is nothing I can do for them now, you act like I'm a dad already, their still in your stomach!!!"

So I just canceled it and I made an appt at a 3d/4d ultrasound place for a Gender Reveal only on Dec 19th, so you all will know then :)

Quoting kmqw229: How did it go?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)