Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Headache's and Twin's

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:47 PM
  • 9 Replies

Im 4 weeks pregnant 11/24. since last week ive gotton 5 headaches. One over the weekend was not going away and i took Tylonal. I also have sore girls & Really sleepy.

Why am i getting so many headaches? Im drinking lots of water.

With my DS i hardly had headaches, No sore boobs and they never really got big until after i had him.I know every pregnancy is diffrent.

I have a history of twins on my mom & dads side of the family. (Im a twin. My sister only lived 36hours) There are some twins on my DH side also. How did you know if you were pregnant with twins?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

BabyGaga
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Pandapanda
by Amber on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:51 PM
1 mom liked this

No, there is literally no difference in the first few weeks of a twin pregnancy. Your headaches are hormone related- a variation of normal. Get some extra rest if you can! 

Also, the gene for twins is only passed along from the maternal side of the family. The twin "gene" only affects women and cannot be passed on by men. :)

Fire_N_Ice
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 3:25 PM
I found out by ultrasound. My twin pregnancy was rough, but my first, a singleton, was worse. Symptoms are not an indication of a multi fetal pregnancy.
a06z08mama
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 6:01 PM
My friend didn't know she was pregnant with twins til her 20 week u/s. She said they could always find the heartbeat by doppler so it never occurred to the dr it was twins.
.oOMellyOo.
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 8:34 PM

You find out via u/s. No way of telling until then.

texasgirl1112
by Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:14 PM
I guess ill see in 4 weeks :-)
I have a headache and Tylenol isn't working tonight
flowerfunleah
by Bronze Member on Nov. 25, 2014 at 5:02 PM

The ultrasound. lol

Twins DO NOT run in my family are QUITE rare on Dh's side of the family but there you have it. I went in for an 8 week ultrasound, the doctor laughed, there was two! I was in some pretty deep shock for like a MONTH and it still blows my mind and I'm 14 weeks now. 

DW030714
by Member on Nov. 25, 2014 at 5:46 PM

Ultrasound. But now at 20 weeks I get kicked in two different places at the same time - otherwise it's been about the same as other pregnancies.

StaciF
by Silver Member on Nov. 25, 2014 at 5:57 PM
Actually hubby could carry the hyperovulation gene and could pass it onto a daughter since obviously men don't ovulate :). But her hubby having twins in his family wouldn't affect their current pregnancy - but if she had a daughter then dad could pass the gene to her and she could have twins. Does that make sense?? I though the same till I just had twins and researched it!!!

Quoting Pandapanda:

No, there is literally no difference in the first few weeks of a twin pregnancy. Your headaches are hormone related- a variation of normal. Get some extra rest if you can! 

Also, the gene for twins is only passed along from the maternal side of the family. The twin "gene" only affects women and cannot be passed on by men. :)

StaciF
by Silver Member on Nov. 25, 2014 at 5:58 PM
Ultrasound was the only way I knew!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)