Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm new n have a question...

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:57 PM
  • 7 Replies
Ok, I have an iud and have had it for a few years. I always had a regular period, very light but regular. I missed my period the end of June. I took a test in Aug...NOT PREGNANT, another test in Sept..NOT PREGNANT...it's not unusual with the iud to have no period. So after 2 test I believed I'm not pregnant. Fast forward to now almost 6 months since my last period and I'm wondering now. I'm having weird feelings in my stomach, kinda like gas feeling with no gas, like my belly is heavy. I have 4 kids i know what it feels like but its been 8 years so maybe my brain is fooling me.I gained weight but thought it was from going off all the meds I was on. I'm gonna test this weekend but if I am pregnant I'm gonna be so scared, I take advil often n your not supposed to take that, among some other meds for a short time. Any advice or experiences will be appreciated
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
HisUsmcWifey
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 5:00 PM

I'd think if you were as far along as you believe you'd have a positive test by now. If you're concerened about it you need to go in and be seen to make sure your not really pregnant or that your IUD hasn't migrated somewhere it's not supposed to be. I got off my Mirena because it made me feel pregnant for 3 years straight including sore bb's and nausea. Good luck!

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:55 PM

Not much advice here except I know birth control can do funky things to the body.  Good luck though!

MamaBearEH
by Silver Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 8:23 PM

This.

And aren't you supposed to see someone for medical care if you haven't had a period in 3 months maximum?  Irregular is one thing.  They aren't supposed to stop entirely.

Quoting HisUsmcWifey:

I'd think if you were as far along as you believe you'd have a positive test by now. If you're concerened about it you need to go in and be seen to make sure your not really pregnant or that your IUD hasn't migrated somewhere it's not supposed to be. I got off my Mirena because it made me feel pregnant for 3 years straight including sore bb's and nausea. Good luck!

Find out what's going on in our journey in my pregnancy journal...
from 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 weeks | 33 weeks34 weeks | ...

.oOMellyOo.
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 8:33 PM

Not necessarily. If she has a Mirana. I would go close to 6 months sometimes with no bleeding. 

But as to the OP. You would have a positive PG test if you were 6 months. Go see a doctor.

Quoting MamaBearEH:

This.

And aren't you supposed to see someone for medical care if you haven't had a period in 3 months maximum?  Irregular is one thing.  They aren't supposed to stop entirely.

Quoting HisUsmcWifey:

lilmama13tk
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:14 PM
I have the Mirana, this is my 2nd one had the first one for 5 years and then when it was removed this one was put in. With the first one I only got 3 periods in the 5 years and my Dr said that fine n can be normal with these.

Also I haven't tested since Sept. After two tests I thought everything was fine until I started having these weird feelings in my stomach.
kelza
by on Nov. 25, 2014 at 3:04 PM

I would go out and get another test. It will let you know one way or another.

Quoting lilmama13tk: I have the Mirana, this is my 2nd one had the first one for 5 years and then when it was removed this one was put in. With the first one I only got 3 periods in the 5 years and my Dr said that fine n can be normal with these. Also I haven't tested since Sept. After two tests I thought everything was fine until I started having these weird feelings in my stomach.

LittlePistol87
by Member on Nov. 25, 2014 at 5:43 PM

I would call the OB and tell them what's going on and you would like to schedule a check up to make sure it's still in the right place. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)