• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

riding in a tow truck

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:09 PM
  • 2 Replies
I have been riding with my fiance while he works towing for a few days now. I have a cconcern with it because on certanroacertan roads it gets really bouncy. Is this bad for the baby I currently 7 months pregnant. I have read other posts about it being OK but not read anything about the bouncieness.
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
kelza
by on Nov. 25, 2014 at 3:07 PM

I think it's okay. If you are concern maybe just call your doctor to double check.

MamaBearEH
by Silver Member on Nov. 25, 2014 at 3:57 PM

If your body isn't ready I don't think it's going to force it into labour.  A bumpy car ride isn't like car accident trauma.  Here's my anecdotal story!

After spending a day with my mother fetching water for the farm I went into labour that evening.  That involved sitting in a truck for a while, getting out walking around for a few minutes to help fill up the tanks, then back in the truck for a while - all on bumpy country gravel roads.  I also had an hour long travel in the truck to the birthing center in the city once going into labour.  Prior to that I'd been accustomed to drives from 1 to 6 hours, on both regular & country roads, anywhere from once a week to once a day through the entire pregnancy.

I originally went with her to get water, because "old wives tales" say that an activity like horseback riding can help give that kick start if you're physically ready.  I was 41 weeks at the time.  The position of sitting in a truck, as well as the bumpy road produces a similar environment as horse back riding.

My midwife laughed at that, and figured it definitely helped baby descend.

Find out what's going on in our journey in my pregnancy journal...
from 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 weeks | 33 weeks34 weeks | ...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)