Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

jaw painn !!!!anyone

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 2:11 AM
  • 8 Replies
hi i just found out im 4 weeks! but im having this really bad lower left jaw pain any one els experience this typ of pain it hurts really bad docs appt friday but untill then i would like to kno if this may be a symtom thanks!
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 2:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 8:34 AM

Oh my..that sounds miserable!  I've never had jaw pain while pregnant.  It could be something else too for you?  Hope you feel better!

Nicole_2007
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 8:38 AM
I have jaw pain a lot but not from pregnancy. I was diagnosed with TMJ when I was a teen
Mamaluvbaby
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 4:17 PM
hi nicole actually befor i found out i was pregnant i had jaw pain i beleav i have tmj but i havent been to a doc to actually tell me but i have all symptoms of it but normally its on my right side but now that im pregnant this jaw pain has been on the left side .i dont kno what it is but it hurttts so bad!!!!!

Quoting Nicole_2007: I have jaw pain a lot but not from pregnancy. I was diagnosed with TMJ when I was a teen
Mamaluvbaby
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 4:18 PM
thanks!

Quoting meam4444:

Oh my..that sounds miserable!  I've never had jaw pain while pregnant.  It could be something else too for you?  Hope you feel better!

Nicole_2007
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 8:58 PM

A way to test it is to put your fingers right below your ear were your jaw starts.  You then open and close your mouth.  If you have TMJ you can feel your jaw dislocate and it will hurt having your fingures there.  for me its not always both sides that hurt.  some days my right side might hurt only and other days it might just be my left side.  sometimes if I have to talk alot my whole jaw starts hurting like its tired

Quoting Mamaluvbaby: hi nicole actually befor i found out i was pregnant i had jaw pain i beleav i have tmj but i havent been to a doc to actually tell me but i have all symptoms of it but normally its on my right side but now that im pregnant this jaw pain has been on the left side .i dont kno what it is but it hurttts so bad!!!!!
Quoting Nicole_2007: I have jaw pain a lot but not from pregnancy. I was diagnosed with TMJ when I was a teen

baby
baby growth
baby
clairewait
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 9:05 PM

I doubt it is pregnancy related. Sounds more like you are clenching your teeth at night.

HOw often do you chew gum? Sounds crazy, but chewing gum made me clench my teeth/jaw at night and actually was causing a ton of jaw pain and subsequent headaches. Almost like I didn't realize I was working out my jaw all day long.

I've all but given up chewing gum to be honest and I don't miss it.

Claire Wait 
(Happy Wife and Mother Of Four) 

11 Easy Ways to Make Money Online

Jsanchez125
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2014 at 10:06 AM
Or you could be grinding your teeth at night?
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Dec. 7, 2014 at 12:22 AM
Ouch!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)