Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

scared

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 1:35 AM
  • 5 Replies

So I have two weeks left until I give birth and you would think it'd be a piece of cake cause I've given birth more than once but I feel like I'm the only one who makes the biggest deal when it comes to contractions and giving birth probably because im disabled.. Last time I gave birth to my daughter, I almost gave up. I'm afraid it's gonna happen again. I'm trying to not be so paranoid but I can't help it.

by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 1:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MomOfMisters
by Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 2:53 AM
Your body was made to grow and give birth to a human. Do not give up. Trust your body. You can do it.
summerbear
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 9:49 PM

I have given birth 4 times and each time I did it with out medication. I was screaming for an epidural when I got to transition. By that point pushing is just minutes away, so obviously no epidural for me. I think it's normal to want to give up because it hurts and it's exhausting. It is not pleasant at all and sometimes in the midst of it, you forget about that precious reward you have been waiting for. Can you get a doula? The births I have had a doula for were so much calmer and easier. She was a gentle presence and did a great job reminding me it was only temporary. Keeping the focus on the reward at the end, not the pain I was experiencing. 

RoaringLion
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 10:00 PM
I've given birth three or four times, depending on who you ask, I have a set of twins. Your body is designed to this. I know for some women, they experience labor as the worst pain, and that isn't true for me, but still, this is natural, and normal. Have you looked into relaxation techniques to help you?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
musicaldoula
by Member on Dec. 13, 2014 at 3:20 PM

Get a copy of Birthing From Within by Pam England CNM, and read it! I took the Birthing From Within Class series and it was SO helpful and transformitive. For the first time I was not scared at all, and I had a truly beautiful birth which was good because it was my 5th and last baby!

Here's a summary about the taming your "birth tigers" section of the

book: http://www.transitiontoparenthood.com/ttp/foreducators/handouts/Tigers.pdf

MamaBearEH
by Silver Member on Dec. 13, 2014 at 4:03 PM

Lots of women reach that giving up point, because they fight labouring thus making it more difficult.  If you surrender to the birthing process, realising that your body was built to do this, you might be surprised at the results.  Have faith in yourself!

You can try reading some positive birth stories too!  Ina May has lots in her book.  If you look into hypnobirthing there's also a lot about releasing tension & fear to assist you.

Pregnancy Journal for 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 3334 | 35 | 36 | 37 weeks

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)