Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BH contractions none stop for 3 days

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 2:04 PM
  • 16 Replies
I will be 33 weeks Monday and I'm having BH contractions all day and night for 2 or 3 days.
They are not painful just very uncomfortable and at times makes it hard to breath. Sometimes it can feel it in my back as well. They are not coming in any kind of pattern and last 15 to 30 secs. My biggest concern is how often they are happening, it's literally been all day and night.
My stomach gets so tight at times you can see the outline of the baby.
Also my stomach has felt so much heavier like the baby has dropped and he or she is getting less active.
I also have GD and was told could bring on premature labor but I've done great with keeping my levels where they need to be. I'm trying not to stress since that's what brought on labor with my 2nd.
Any advice or experience with a lot of BH or etc?
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 2:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kiki719
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 2:10 PM
This your first baby,?
courtAKAmommy
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 2:26 PM
No this is #4.

Quoting kiki719: This your first baby,?
MamaBearEH
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 3:00 PM

Have you been drinking water & taking a bath to ease them?

Find out what's going on in our journey in my pregnancy journal...
from 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 3334 weeks | 35 weeks | 36 weeks | ...

courtAKAmommy
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 3:05 PM
I've been drinking lots of water but I'm worried to take a bath or long shower incase my water breaks and I don't know it. Someone told me to stop taking baths the closer I get.
My water has never broke on it's own so I don't know what it's like.
courtAKAmommy
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 3:06 PM
I replied but forgot to hit quote.

Quoting MamaBearEH:

Have you been drinking water & taking a bath to ease them?

Kcgriffin14
by Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 3:07 PM
Drink 32 oz of water and lay on your side and relax, if they arnt true contractions this should stop them.
courtAKAmommy
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 3:17 PM
That's what's worrying me. even laying down relaxing I still get them. As I type this laying on my side I'm having one.
The baby is moving more right now but I feel a lot of movement in my pelvic area.
I had to drink some juice because I hadn't felt the baby move for a while. That's very unusually for this one!!

Quoting Kcgriffin14: Drink 32 oz of water and lay on your side and relax, if they arnt true contractions this should stop them.
MamaBearEH
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 3:17 PM
1 mom liked this

You have no reason to be worried about taking a bath or a shower - just keep the water a reasonable temperature instead of like a sauna.  It's actually recommended to take a bath to ease braxton hicks.  Women give birth in water safely too, so I can't think of why someone would tell you to avoid baths as you get on.  Being in the water can help you in so many ways.

Water breaking I'd describe like an internal popping, almost as if someone did a gentle flick inside you.  Not painful.  Very distinct.  Some women notice it and others don't.  You don't always get a gush of fluid.  Sometimes it's just like a trickle.  You really can't control what you're going to get, or when it's going to happen though.  It's nothing to be scared of though.  It's a normal part of having a baby.

Quoting courtAKAmommy: I've been drinking lots of water but I'm worried to take a bath or long shower incase my water breaks and I don't know it. Someone told me to stop taking baths the closer I get. My water has never broke on it's own so I don't know what it's like.

Find out what's going on in our journey in my pregnancy journal...
from 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 3334 weeks | 35 weeks | 36 weeks | ...

LittleRed80
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 3:24 PM
1 mom liked this
When I was in the hospital for preterm labor, Tylenol and benadryl was always their go to for Braxton Hicks.
Also, if your water breaks you will know. It keeps coming out every couple of minutes. It's not like a one time thing and it's done. Also at this gestation you will feel a lot less pressure in your belly after it breaks.
Kcgriffin14
by Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 3:44 PM
1 mom liked this
When I had that happen my dr said to drink 32 oz of fluids and lay down on my side, if they stop it's just BH and to drink more fluids, if they don't stop then they will have you come in and put on a monitor.. If they think it's actual contractions they will send you to labor a delivery to either stop the contractions with meds or have the baby... I've been put on the monitor already and was having contractions 5 minutes apart and didn't even know it!!! So better safe then sorry :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)