Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

From 4 Week Follow-Ups to 2 or 3 Week Follow-Ups

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 2:37 PM
  • 3 Replies

I was under the impression from books (and my OB office) that beginning at 28 weeks, the patient then visits the OB every two weeks instead of four. That would mean I'd return at 30 weeks. My OB told me it was "unnecessary in my case" and that I can return at 31 weeks. I'm comfortable with it aside from the fact that my yoga instructors need to know baby's position at 30 weeks in order to avoid certain poses. Perhaps I'll just skip week 30 yoga...?

Has anyone else been bumped from four to three rather than four to two?

by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 2:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
LoveMyBug2013
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 2:54 PM

I would just avoid those poses at 31. 

I did do a 3 week in there to get to 30 weeks from 27.  Now I go back every 2. 

But at my 30 week appointment they couldn't tell the position anyway, so that could be a moot point for you.

MamaBearEH
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 3:08 PM

If you're not having any complications then they aren't going to have you come in as frequently as possible.  It uses up time for patients that do have issues & need to be seen.

My midwife has been able to tell my baby's position without the aide of ultrasound from early on.  You can also do belly mapping (info at Spinning Babies) if you want to try and figure it out on your own.  Honestly, I'm not sure why you'd be risking doing yoga poses if they are only safe under certain circumstances during pregnancy.  Baby can move at any given time.  I'd be either sticking to safe prenatal yoga, or skipping the yoga all together.

Find out what's going on in our journey in my pregnancy journal...
from 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 3334 weeks | 35 weeks | 36 weeks | ...

combatlibby
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 3:17 PM

The prenatal yoga instructors really just avoid squats if baby is head up from how the classes have gone. Most of the poses actually assist in "keeping/moving baby" into head down position. I'll check out Spinning Babies though and avoid the squats.

Quoting MamaBearEH:

If you're not having any complications then they aren't going to have you come in as frequently as possible.  It uses up time for patients that do have issues & need to be seen.

My midwife has been able to tell my baby's position without the aide of ultrasound from early on.  You can also do belly mapping (info at Spinning Babies) if you want to try and figure it out on your own.  Honestly, I'm not sure why you'd be risking doing yoga poses if they are only safe under certain circumstances during pregnancy.  Baby can move at any given time.  I'd be either sticking to safe prenatal yoga, or skipping the yoga all together.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)