Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

newly pregnant, happy but scared of...

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 4:17 PM
  • 7 Replies

Mobile Photo

Sorry in advance if I sound irrational. I could use some words of encouragement and prayers. I have hardly told anyone yet for a specific reason. Anyway, I took 3 pregnancy tests and they all came out positive but faint. It's still early as AF wasn't expected until Sunday, but I still worry since I have had 2 miscarriages in the past and I wouldn't even wish that horror on my worst enemy. Anyway, two of the tests I took yesterday afternoon and one this morning with first morning urine. The one I took this morning, the line was more faint than the second one I took yesterday (the first one was a dollar store test so I'd expect that to be more faint). All week long I felt that I was pregnant since my breast were VERY sore and I had a tingley sensation like the one you get when you are lactating and this morning I don't feel it as much. Anyway, being as how I am so early on I have a fear of yet another miscarriage and can use prayers or words of encouragement that this baby will survive and that this all in my head.
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 4:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
RoaringLion
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 4:32 PM
Welcome and congratulations! You should join the August due date group :)

Anyway. I had a miscarriage when we first started trying for another baby. I got pregnant right away, and then lost it. I got pregnant almost immediately after the miscarriage, and ended up having twins. I was worried most of the pregnancy, but delivered two healthy babies at 38 weeks. I've had one successful pregnancy since, and am currently 6 weeks, due 8/4/15.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashwa
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 4:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks, and congrats to you too! I will join now. ☺

Quoting RoaringLion: Welcome and congratulations! You should join the August due date group :)

Anyway. I had a miscarriage when we first started trying for another baby. I got pregnant right away, and then lost it. I got pregnant almost immediately after the miscarriage, and ended up having twins. I was worried most of the pregnancy, but delivered two healthy babies at 38 weeks. I've had one successful pregnancy since, and am currently 6 weeks, due 8/4/15.
RoaringLion
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 4:37 PM
You're welcome. I look forward to seeing you there! It's a great bunch of ladies!

Quoting ashwa: Thanks, and congrats to you too! I will join now. ☺

Quoting RoaringLion: Welcome and congratulations! You should join the August due date group :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 6:52 PM

Congrats!  I hope this baby sticks and all is okay!  

ashwa
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 6:53 PM
Thank you! 😊

Quoting meam4444:

Congrats!  I hope this baby sticks and all is okay!  

MamaBearEH
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 10:36 PM

Welcome and congrats.

My best advice to you is to stop taking pregnancy tests.  A faint positive and a dark positive both mean the same thing - YOU'RE PREGNANT!  After you've established that there is zero reason to continue taking pregnancy tests, as they will not tell you if you're going to miscarry.  In fact they can be very misleading on the subject, because they look at hormones which take a significant time period to even out after giving birth or having a miscarriage.  Basically they should only be used to determine your initial pregancy status then left alone.  If you keep taking them you're just messing with your mind.

You're not irrational at all!  It's very natural to feel that way after having a miscarriage.  Hang in there, and see what time says.  Hoping you've got a sticky bean in there!

Find out what's going on in our journey in my pregnancy journal...
from 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 3334 weeks | 35 weeks | 36 weeks | ...

ashwa
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 11:01 PM
Thanks so much! Great advice!

Quoting MamaBearEH:

Welcome and congrats.

My best advice to you is to stop taking pregnancy tests.  A faint positive and a dark positive both mean the same thing - YOU'RE PREGNANT!  After you've established that there is zero reason to continue taking pregnancy tests, as they will not tell you if you're going to miscarry.  In fact they can be very misleading on the subject, because they look at hormones which take a significant time period to even out after giving birth or having a miscarriage.  Basically they should only be used to determine your initial pregancy status then left alone.  If you keep taking them you're just messing with your mind.

You're not irrational at all!  It's very natural to feel that way after having a miscarriage.  Hang in there, and see what time says.  Hoping you've got a sticky bean in there!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)