Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 7:12 PM
  • 11 Replies
Hi ladies im only pumpin one time s day for s lil because I don't have alot of milk yet my baby only 6 days old wat can i do yo have more milk i don't breastfeed her because i have two more kids nd id hard lolz... So i love to pump nd give her the milk i pump...
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 7:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kajira
by Emma on Dec. 12, 2014 at 7:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I found breastfeeding to be far easier then pumping.

I have 2 kids, plus a preemie - and I pumped for 5 1/2 months to keep my milk supply until my preemie could breastfeed and I would never, ever go back to pumping, it's so time consuming, a hands-free carrier and your good to go, it's so much easier to be be mobile then stuck to a pump all day and night.

If you pump, you need to pump every 2-3 hours for 15-20 minutes.

Pink-princezz
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 7:47 PM
Thank u .. I try but my kids dont let me... They 4 nd 2 years old... But i ma try
caitipenn
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 7:49 PM
I pump cause my baby wouldn't latch. I pump 15 min every 3-4 hours and I pump about 6-7 out of each breast. Everyone just told me to be consistant and don't go too long without pumping.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
a06z08mama
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 8:34 PM
You need to start pumping more often during the day. 4 and 2 are tough ages. But should be able to understand that mommy needs to do this for about 15 mins every so often. Have them play with toys, etc.
anxiousschk
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 8:52 PM

Come over to the breastfeeding group!  You will receive tons of helpful info :)  

RoaringLion
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 9:33 PM
Just pumping will make it very hard to establish a good supply. I'm still nursing my 14 month old, and I have a 6 year old and 3 year old twins, so it's very possible and not that hard to breastfeed while having older children.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
summerbear
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 9:59 PM

The more you do it the more you make.

I have 4 kids, 3 of them are 3 years apart, I am due in about 6 weeks with another one. So that will be 4 kids 4 years apart and I have been able to burse all the little ones. I am a stay at home mom, husband works 2 full-time jobs so he isn't able to help. I will be nursing this baby with a 4yo, 3yo and 18 month old running around. 

Only doing it once a day will NOT establish a milk supply. If you are truly set on pumping, you need to pump every few hours for at least 15-20 minutes. That way your supply will increase and you won't need any formula.

Pink-princezz
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 11:40 PM
Well im going bak to work so idk how it will work to breastfeed but will im off i want too thankz for the help ladyz
RoaringLion
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 11:50 PM
I work full time right now, and have always worked, and with my first, I was in school fully time, so again, it's possible.

Quoting Pink-princezz: Well im going bak to work so idk how it will work to breastfeed but will im off i want too thankz for the help ladyz
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Dec. 14, 2014 at 5:40 PM
You will have to pump every 3-4 hours to keep your supply up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)