Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

am i allowed to...?

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 1:22 PM
  • 11 Replies
So I've been doing this for a while and my mother told me I need to stop because I'm going to hurt the baby. I don't think I could but I wanted to see what everyone else thinks.

For the last month or two baby has decided that she likes to push part of herself against my belly and leave it there. So I started rubbing her body when she does this. Like the other day her foot was pushed against my side me so I used just enough pressure that I could feel the contours of her foot and I rubbed it back and forth.

My mom told me that if I keep doing this im going to hurt the baby and that I should stop. But I don't think that this could actually hurt her. What do you guys think.?
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 1:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momma-flynn
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 1:25 PM
1 mom liked this
If you are not pushing or rubbing hard enough to hurt yourself, you won't hurt the baby. Your mom is overreacting.
MamaBearEH
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 1:37 PM

She's overreacting.

Pregnancy Journal for 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 3334 | 35 | 36 | 37 weeks

summerbear
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 1:45 PM

I am on baby #5 and I have done it for all of them! When this baby gets it's foot up near my ribs, I find it and gently push it down. If you aren't hurting yourself, you aren't hurting the baby.

little.mommy
by Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 1:48 PM
Okay thanks guys. I figured but its always good to have another opinion.
ashwa
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 1:55 PM
Yup, I did it with my first two, they are fine. Way to early for this baby lol.

Quoting momma-flynn: If you are not pushing or rubbing hard enough to hurt yourself, you won't hurt the baby. Your mom is overreacting.
RaynesMommy07
by Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 8:52 PM
I've done that with all 3 of mine. If it don't hurt you it don't hurt the baby.
lmp09
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 8:57 PM

I am 38 weeks and I have done this with my other two and continue to do this daily and press on where she is if I am uncomfortable to get her to move. Totally okay.

HippieMomma08
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 10:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I did it with my first two, I'm doing it to this one too. Unless you are hurting yourself, it will not hurt baby.

If you haven't tried it yet, use a flashlight. Baby can see light in the womb and will move away from it. I like to chase my babies around my belly with a light, it's fun to watch them react to it lol.

DH likes to poke fun at me about it. I figure if I'm doing all the work growing them for almost a year, I get to pick on them a little while in utero.

pixiedust11
by Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 10:11 PM
Ur mom is cray. Lol
courtAKAmommy
by on Dec. 21, 2014 at 12:20 AM

I do this daily. This baby likes to stretch out and I have to move it's little foot  all the time or it feels like it's going to bust out of my belly. 

My doctor has pushed 10x harder than I feel comfortable doing myself. That baby is well protected in there.

My MIL told me my pants were too tight once and I was going to hurt the baby. Crazy woman!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)