Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

UPDATE>>>>should I take my hospital bag with me to Dinner??????

Posted by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 11:27 AM
  • 7 Replies

UPDATE........

Well mammas it was a good thing I did. Right after dinner my SIL and I started timing contractions that ended up being 5 min apart. My SO and I decided to go and get checked and low and behold....my water broke as soon as I got there!!

Thank you for the advice!!!

So I am 40 weeks tomorrow, I had my doctor sweep me Monday. Last night I started passing bloody mucus and am still... been having steady 7-10 min apart contractions for over a day now...

SO my question is how long after this normally does baby come???? Should I put my bags in the car to go to Christmas dinner? Do I skip it and go straight to the hospital now?? Advice Please Mammas!!

Thanks!!!

by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 11:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
DACIA79
by Silver Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 11:41 AM
1 mom liked this

I would put the bags in the car.

Hope baby comes after Christmas dinner.

HisUsmcWifey
by Silver Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 12:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I packed my bags and had them and the baby bags and car seat in the car and ready to go from 35 weeks on. The bloody mucus could be from the sweep or it could be the start of labor. Normally they say to come in when contractions are 5 minutes apart or when they get strongers and closer together. I had prodromal labor for a week and lost my bloody show about 2 days before I went into labor. I had been having contractions that were 5 minutes apart for that whole week but my cervix never really dialted until the end when my water broke at 36 weeks. Try to relax and enjoy your meal, but bring your bag with you to be on the safe side. I am so glad I prepped because I wasn't due until Janaury 12th and our second baby girl decided to come on December 20th. :0) Merry Christmas!

Dankmamma805
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 1:00 PM

bump

vampporcupine
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 2:34 PM

I would take my bags with me to dinner. 

tsmcconnell
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 3:29 PM
I say take them! You could still go a few days more with prodromal labor.
MamaBearEH
by Silver Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 5:04 PM
From around 36 weeks on I would be prepared for anytime. Take your bag.
ambcortez
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 5:13 PM

I'd take it, just in case.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)