Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When do you get a belly?

Posted by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 12:09 PM
  • 18 Replies

I won't lie, I have gained about 20 pounds since finding out I was pregnant. Oh how the donuts called my name. 

Anyways, I wasn't a tiny lil girl when I got pregnant, no size zero here. However, I wasn't big either when I got pregnant. 

So now I've gained 20 pounds and it doesn't look like I have much of a belly. The other women in my due date group look pregnant and I look like.... Roseanne Barr... wtf?? 

When do first timers get their real bellies? 

I will admit, some articles of clothing do make me look pregnant but most people assume I'm very very early on, they would never assume I was 24 weeks in.

baby development

by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 12:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HisUsmcWifey
by Silver Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 12:21 PM

It varies from person to person. Some people show earlier and carry differently so you can see the pregnant belly well, and some you just can't see all that easily. I didn't really "show" until about 20 weeks with my first and I was in shape, no size 0 here either, but i've been an althlete my whole life. This pregnancy I lost 25 pounds and I was showing at 15 weeks, not anything huge but you could tell I was pregnant.

momoftwins19871
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 1:23 PM

The first time, I was about 24 weeks because I was very young.  I am small, athletic, and my muscles were tight.  My parents had no idea that I was pregnant.

kiki719
by Bronze Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 1:30 PM
my first I was 27 wks. mt second 14wks and my third now im pregnant with I just started showing Im 14sks
HeavenonEarth81
by Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 1:56 PM

interesting. My mom had a picture of herself at 4 months pregnant and you could tell she was pregnant (20 weeks). She also ended up carrying really high until late pregnancy but she was also 5'2 and maybe 105 pounds soaking wet before getting pregnant. 

I just thought I would show sooner like my mom and I was her first/only pregnancy.

People can walk right by me and not even notice I'm pregnant and I'm 24 weeks. It's kinda funny but I also wear baggy clothing and not this skin tight crap everyone else is doing. 

Momma_bearTo2
by Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 3:54 PM
My first I starting showing around 23weeks. This time around 16 weeks. I wear a size 5-7 normally.
NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 10:53 PM

I was about 7 or 8 months before I startd showing with my first. Now by 6 wks I feel like I look 4 or 5 months pregnant! My uterus likes to jump the gun now and just grow way ahead of baby!

mrswynn88
by Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 11:12 PM
I was a size 9 when I first got pregnant i've gained 15lbs but I didn't show until I was about 20 weeks im now 28 almost 29 weeks and im not really all that big still I guess some people just really don't get a belly
caitipenn
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 11:17 PM

I started noticing a belly at 18-19 weeks. But a lot of people didn't notice I wS pregnant for a long time cause I wore loose fitting clothing. Then some people were just dumb. When inlooked like this ppl would say oh ur pregnant?!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MDJennyJen
by Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 11:48 PM
I'll be 24 weeks tomorrow with my second and I feel like it could still be questionable to strangers if I'm pregnant or just have a misfortunate shape. Also.. for the record. .. I love Roseanne, haha.
HeavenonEarth81
by Member on Dec. 26, 2014 at 9:49 AM

people that know me well say I look pregnant, guess I just don't see it yet and strangers don't which I guess I should be thankful lol. I love Roseanne too, she's one of the best tv moms ever lol. 

Quoting MDJennyJen: I'll be 24 weeks tomorrow with my second and I feel like it could still be questionable to strangers if I'm pregnant or just have a misfortunate shape. Also.. for the record. .. I love Roseanne, haha.

baby development

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)