Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When will Daddy be able to feel baby move?

Posted by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 4:57 PM
  • 10 Replies

I will be 19 weeks tomorrow and I have been able to feel baby move for at least a month. Daddy keeps trying to feel him by putting his hands on my tummy but so far he can't.

by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 4:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jess.Vanella
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 5:00 PM
I'm 20 weeks today and my husband finally felt the baby move! My 5 year old has felt baby off and on for a few weeks now.
MamaBearEH
by Silver Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 5:01 PM
Anytime now I'd expect. If you're plus size or have an anterior placenta it can make it harder though. Keep trying!
thePBandJmom
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 5:10 PM

I'm not plus size, but I have no idea where the placenta is. I have had several sonograms but the doctor has never mentioned it to I would assume he isn't concerned.

Quoting MamaBearEH: Anytime now I'd expect. If you're plus size or have an anterior placenta it can make it harder though. Keep trying!

MamaBearEH
by Silver Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 5:31 PM
They usually don't mention it - you need to ask. And anterior placenta doesn't mean there are any "concerns" either. It's just where it's located.

Quoting thePBandJmom:

I'm not plus size, but I have no idea where the placenta is. I have had several sonograms but the doctor has never mentioned it to I would assume he isn't concerned.

Quoting MamaBearEH: Anytime now I'd expect. If you're plus size or have an anterior placenta it can make it harder though. Keep trying!

NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 11:08 PM

Hubby normally could feel by 18 wk-20 wks! 

ShowMustGoOn86
by on Dec. 26, 2014 at 3:35 AM
Depends on the placenta, how your uterus is shaped, how big baby is. With the twins he felt them early, with our youngest it was over 26 weeks before he felt anything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HeavenonEarth81
by Member on Dec. 26, 2014 at 9:53 AM

I'm almost 25 weeks and he can be felt by anyone. However, I have a lil extra fluff so others can't feel him as easily but it can still be done

baby development

Kcgriffin14
by Member on Dec. 26, 2014 at 10:12 AM
I'm 22 weeks +3 and SO hasn't felt him yet, I felt him from the outside only a couple times it's very light, but everytime my SO tries he either won't move or it's very gentle! Hoping it won't be much longer
blessbest
by KristinMom on Dec. 26, 2014 at 10:42 AM
Any moment from now hun, it took us forever for dh to feel baby move..lol, he started feeling it when I was 24wks, no tnx to anterior placenta
corber2114
by on Dec. 26, 2014 at 7:36 PM
I've been able to feel my baby move for about a month now, I'm currently 24 weeks. I thought it'd never come bevause everyone always talked about how you can start feeling the baby at 16 weeks! But DH still can't feel the baby and he loses interest in it quickly or just gets kinda bummed out. I haven't been able to feel the baby with my hand but I can feel him/her squirming around my tummy all the time :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)