Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are you plans for older siblings?

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:07 AM
  • 13 Replies

I'm in a dilemma. I will be giving birth within a month and I don't have anyone to watching my other children.

We had planned on someone but we are starting to rethink that and there is no one else that could come to our home for the 3 days I'll be in the hospital. My kids are homeschooled so it makes it harder to have someone who can miss that much work to be with them all day. My husband has said he can travel back and forth so that he can be with the kids and visit everyday but I love that he has always been at the hospital with me and baby. I feel like he gets to bond with the baby more during that time as well.

Are any of you just having hubby stay home with the kids while your in the hospital and how has that worked in the past?

by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Butterfly_xo
by Taylor Lynn on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:49 AM
Can the kids come to the hospital for the birth of baby and then leave the next day with dad ?
courtAKAmommy
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:58 AM
Quoting Butterfly_xo: Can the kids come to the hospital for the birth of baby and then leave the next day with dad ?

I will have someone to watch them when I go into labor so daddy can be there it just the few days in the hospital I wont have someone. I also don't think my kids could handle the birth and I think I would be to distracted having them there.

Mamajustice92
by Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:01 AM
If it's natural why will you be there three days?? Just how your doc does it?
courtAKAmommy
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:18 AM

Yeah it's hospital policy here. I wish a home birth was a possibility but I have to delivery in a hospital.

Quoting Mamajustice92: If it's natural why will you be there three days?? Just how your doc does it?

anotherandree
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:38 AM
We have someone to watch the kids only while I'm in labor. Then my husband will go and be with them and visit when he can. Not ideal but with other kids at home, we do what we need to.
Mamajustice92
by Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:31 AM
That's a long time for natural. That was about how long I stayed in the hospital with having a c section
Butterfly_xo
by Taylor Lynn on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:44 AM
So if someone is able to watch the kids when you go into labor and have your baby, then I don't really see a problem. You would just like your husband to be with you for those 3 days. There's nothing saying that they can't stop by to see you. As long as he's there for the birth, then I would try to be ok with that. Good luck.

Quoting courtAKAmommy:
Quoting Butterfly_xo: Can the kids come to the hospital for the birth of baby and then leave the next day with dad ?

I will have someone to watch them when I go into labor so daddy can be there it just the few days in the hospital I wont have someone. I also don't think my kids could handle the birth and I think I would be to distracted having them there.

Butterfly_xo
by Taylor Lynn on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:45 AM
I was going to say the same thing. I was discharged the very next day after having my baby vaginally. To original poster, maybe ask your doctor if you and baby could leave early if everything is ok.

Quoting Mamajustice92: That's a long time for natural. That was about how long I stayed in the hospital with having a c section
ShowMustGoOn86
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:47 AM
We have friends who will stay with the other kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babyliz13
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 5:16 AM
I was in the hospital for 3 days after giving birth vaginally. They told me my insurance paid fir up to 3 days and my baby had to get some shots for something (can't recall what for) and it took them 2 & a half days to give her the medicine. Then we got to go home early on the third day.

I haven't figured out who will be watching my daughter when I deliver this baby. I know I want my mom and hubby with me while I deliver so maybe my sister can watch her while I'm in the hospital.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)