• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How soon? (answer asap!..)

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:06 AM
  • 4 Replies
Hello ladies,

I have a quick question. I haven't been able to get ahold of my OB! It's ridiculous!! But, anyways. Here's my question:

"How soon can you become pregnant after delivering a child one month ago (or however long ago, earliest preferably)?"

I've researched on it all, and I didn't find many of the resources helpful, nothing could been answered as of my concern-able questions, and this is why I come to you experienced ladies. You ladies are so helpful both positive and negative. Wouldn't blame the negative comments because there are idiots in this world (me, for ex.). But yeah, my exact questionnaire.

You see, I delivered my baby girl a month and a half ago, to all you moms that may know in my previous posts'. And here I am, AGAIN, asking for a helpful answer since my OB won't answer his phone. Neither will his office phones. Ok, the first time having sex, yes; it wasn't protected because he told me "did put a condom on" but turned out he didn't, nine months later I had my baby (not a pleasant painful experience but welcoming a blessing into my arms was very beautiful). In my near future, I wanted to try for a second baby. Here is where it gets crazy...

My boyfriend wanted sex ever since a week of my healing. And as doctors orders not to have sex in 6wks of healing (which I followed!), but when it came to phone calls of trying to make an appt for a check up and my birth control, not answer! Pissed me off. Okay, okay. As what I said, my boyfriend had been wanting sex, and I've followed orders as doctor told me. I finally compromised with him, and only if he wore protection. He agreed. But, I am not sure if I was still on my PP or if it was my period? Cannot tell the difference? I also reminded him about that, which most guys find disgusting , in my opinion horny guys think differently when they're are turned on from when they're not. But, yeah. So we used protection, had sex while on my PP or period. And, what do you know... We got done, he had this look on his face of "Oh, shit". I asked him what was wrong and he told me the condom tore while we were having sex. I got so upset.

We were then done for that night, I couldn't sleep, kept thinking and thinking. I was still bleeding and then the next morning when he took me home, I've noticed I stopped bleeding. Which was on the 26th. I began to freak out and told him, he was upset too. And this is why I asked you ladies this important question, since my OB doesn't know how to pick up his phone, which is why most women give him a down rating.

Man...
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
ShowMustGoOn86
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:54 AM
You can get pregnant within weeks of having a baby. One of my good friends has two kids who are only 9 months apart. She was already pregnant at her 6 week checkup.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaBearEH
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 8:32 AM
You are more fertile after having a miscarriage or giving birth.

Part of the reason they tell you to wait that 6 week period is to allow your body time to heal, because sex can be hard on you. Condoms don't address that issue at all. By having sex when you were told not to for medical reasons you are not following your care provider's advice. Don't fool yourself there.

If your boyfriend is concerned about your health tell him to keep it in his pants, and make a responsible choice to tell him NO when he pressures you like that. He's not going to die from lack of sexual activity!

Without having waited for your cycle to have returned and normalized there's no way to tell if you're pregnant or not again or when to test. A HPT could still be positive for a few months after giving birth, because your hormones may not have normalized yet.
JasRenee
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 3:30 PM
I've actually told him no while on doctors orders of healing, believe me I didn't want to turn against my OB's orders and just have sex right there and then! My boyfriend actually told me he'd wait until I'm healed, so we waited.

But beyond all of this post, I just had a pregnancy scare! I'm defiantly going to think WAY more smarter now that I've either back on my PP or Period. I don't think the PP have cramps during the cycle? I have no clue, it's a Sunday today, so my OB's office is closed. I wished he would've picked up the phone or one of his nurses. I would like to get on my birth control even if I wasn't having sex, it's just the safer decision than wanting to get pregnant right there and then again. I'm very analytical, and I give in too easily. I'll make sure he can actually wait until I'm for sure ready and on my birth control than anything.

Quoting MamaBearEH: You are more fertile after having a miscarriage or giving birth.

Part of the reason they tell you to wait that 6 week period is to allow your body time to heal, because sex can be hard on you. Condoms don't address that issue at all. By having sex when you were told not to for medical reasons you are not following your care provider's advice. Don't fool yourself there.

If your boyfriend is concerned about your health tell him to keep it in his pants, and make a responsible choice to tell him NO when he pressures you like that. He's not going to die from lack of sexual activity!

Without having waited for your cycle to have returned and normalized there's no way to tell if you're pregnant or not again or when to test. A HPT could still be positive for a few months after giving birth, because your hormones may not have normalized yet.
JasRenee
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 3:32 PM
Oh my. How did her body feel??

But, it appears I just had a pregnancy scare, or unless it takes time to ovulate or what ever the cycle is. I'm not sure if I'm either still on my PP or period, because now I'm bleeding again, but I gave no cramps and my stomach is somewhat bloated.

Quoting ShowMustGoOn86: You can get pregnant within weeks of having a baby. One of my good friends has two kids who are only 9 months apart. She was already pregnant at her 6 week checkup.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)