• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Scared I'll be sent home

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:30 AM
  • 19 Replies
I'm in the hospital because of massive contractions all day and they said I'm still at a 2, i don't want to be sent home again but I think I'm gonna be. I don't understand why I haven't dilated at all! I'm scared that I'm gonna end up never going past this point
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ShowMustGoOn86
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:47 AM
How many weeks are you?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nekoXfishie
by Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 3:13 AM
40 my due date was yesterday

Quoting ShowMustGoOn86: How many weeks are you?
ShowMustGoOn86
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 3:45 AM
Well, baby just may not be ready yet. You can be barely dilated for a while before actual labor starts.

Quoting nekoXfishie: 40 my due date was yesterday

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nekoXfishie
by Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 3:54 AM
Yeah,they are sending me home, but they want to test me for preeclampsia because of protein in my urine.

Quoting ShowMustGoOn86: Well, baby just may not be ready yet. You can be barely dilated for a while before actual labor starts.

ShowMustGoOn86
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 4:00 AM
You could potentially go another 2 weeks. It's rough, but it's best for baby.

Good luck with the pre-e. I had it last pregnancy. How is your blood pressure?

Quoting nekoXfishie: Yeah,they are sending me home, but they want to test me for preeclampsia because of protein in my urine.

Quoting ShowMustGoOn86: Well, baby just may not be ready yet. You can be barely dilated for a while before actual labor starts.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nekoXfishie
by Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 5:00 AM
My BP is ok, they are testing for pre-e because of the protein and my feet and legs being swollen rather badly

Quoting ShowMustGoOn86: You could potentially go another 2 weeks. It's rough, but it's best for baby.

Good luck with the pre-e. I had it last pregnancy. How is your blood pressure?

Quoting nekoXfishie: Yeah,they are sending me home, but they want to test me for preeclampsia because of protein in my urine.

oliveoil423
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 6:20 AM
Since they are sending you home get out side and walk and work out it will help with the dilation. You shouldn't go over 40 weeks. There are the likely chance of stillborn. Not trying to scare you

But I was sent to the hospital by the nurse to see what was going on they idmitte me and they started the pitocen and the doctor gave me an option to have my water broke or they can send me home. Both dh and I have decided to have my water broken.

I hope everything goes well.
oliveoil423
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 6:25 AM
When baby needs a nudge After 39 or 40 weeks, it’s sometimes best to deliver sooner rather than later: Studies have shown that newborn admissions to the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) increase slightly when a pregnancy lasts 40 to 42 weeks. And stillbirth, though still rare, becomes a concern: At 40 weeks, the risk is 2 to 3 per 1,000 babies; at 42 weeks, it’s 4 to 7 per 1,000. If labor hasn’t started spontaneously, you’ll probably be induced at 41 weeks—at the latest. “If your cervix has started to dilate, odds are in your favor for a successful induction,” Warshak says. Translation: You won’t end up having a Cesarean section.

Quoting oliveoil423: Since they are sending you home get out side and walk and work out it will help with the dilation. You shouldn't go over 40 weeks. There are the likely chance of stillborn. Not trying to scare you

But I was sent to the hospital by the nurse to see what was going on they idmitte me and they started the pitocen and the doctor gave me an option to have my water broke or they can send me home. Both dh and I have decided to have my water broken.

MamaBearEH
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 8:17 AM
1 mom liked this
Normal human gestation is actually 40+ weeks without human intervention...

Quoting oliveoil423: Since they are sending you home get out side and walk and work out it will help with the dilation. You shouldn't go over 40 weeks. There are the likely chance of stillborn. Not trying to scare you

oliveoil423
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 8:43 AM
I'm guessing you didn't see my quest that I quoted my self for her!

My husband's friend went over 40 weeks and had her baby still born.

Quoting MamaBearEH: Normal human gestation is actually 40+ weeks without human intervention...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)