Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

dehydrated&pregnant

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 10:23 AM
  • 10 Replies
Heyy I'm new to pregnancy I'm aboutc10 weeks !! Buy I've been experiencing a lot of dehydration, I've had made a trip to my doctors due to diarrhea from the dehydration last week on Monday but I'm still waking up very very dehydrated , dry mouth, kind of sluggish I'm very confused when its unsafe and to Hospitalize ?
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 10:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mattiehatter
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 10:25 AM
1 mom liked this
Try increasing your water intake.
july2615T
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 10:28 AM
I have been drinking lots of Gatorade and water no soda !!! Lol but I'm still waking up with dry mouth I do have asthma sweat a lot at night could that be the reason ? And thank you I'll drink more water as well 😊
mamakristena210
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:10 PM
1 mom liked this
I have dry mouth every morning. Im not dehydraed tho. You could be sluggish just cause your pregnant and lackin energy
MamaBearEH
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Lose the Gatorade completely, and rely on water instead.  It's just filling you with sugar, artificial colors & flavors.  Minimum eight 8oz glasses of actual water per day - more when you're pregnant or dehydrated.

Avoid anything with caffeine in it like coffee - including decaf, tea, carbonated beverages, chocolate, energy drinks - even water based ones, gum, and use caution when taking pain relievers as some contain caffeine as well.

If you have asthma and naturally sleep with your mouth open it could very likely cause dry mouth.

Pregnancy Journal for...
27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 3334 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 weeks | 40 | 41 | 42

july2615T
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:17 PM
Thanks girls you helped !!!!! I'm sticking to water my Anxiety's gone I was very worried I appreciate so much !!
kgbm13
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 3:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I was told I was dehydrated and not enough sugar in my diet when I was in friday for 16 wk appointment.  I also am spilling ketones in the urine.  Talked with a friend on the ketones and learned I wasn't not in fact dehydrated if my urine was lemonaid colored or lighter.  And I am eating too healthy for being pregnant which is why I am spilling the ketones.

ShowMustGoOn86
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 4:26 PM
What is your friend's education? Because everything you've said sounds like gestational diabetes. And 'eating too healthy for pregnancy' makes no sense. Have you seen an actual doctor? What is your blood sugar?

Quoting kgbm13:

I was told I was dehydrated and not enough sugar in my diet when I was in friday for 16 wk appointment.  I also am spilling ketones in the urine.  Talked with a friend on the ketones and learned I wasn't not in fact dehydrated if my urine was lemonaid colored or lighter.  And I am eating too healthy for being pregnant which is why I am spilling the ketones.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nekoXfishie
by Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 4:44 PM
I have a problem with hydration too, my problem is that plain water upsets my stomach. I was told by the nurse at the labor ward that if that's the case that it was ok to get something to flavor the water.
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 5:24 PM
1 mom liked this

As long as you're able to keep something down, I think you're okay.  Just try to keep anything down..even if it is juice, pop, etc..  

Hope you feel better!

kgbm13
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 5:47 PM

She is a RN and has a son who for 13 yrs has been severe diabetic and deals with ketones daily wih him.  Not diabetic here. Before or now.  and yes I have been with a dr since I learned I was pregnant.  Ketones happen from many things dr assumed dehydration.  And yes I can be eating too healthy while pregnant where ketones happen because I'm not getting enough calories and my body is using fat to provide energy.  I am craving fruits and veggies, no sweets and no chocolate.  Chips are minimal and meals are small servings.  

Ive lost 7 gained only one of those back in 16 wks time.

Quoting ShowMustGoOn86: What is your friend's education? Because everything you've said sounds like gestational diabetes. And 'eating too healthy for pregnancy' makes no sense. Have you seen an actual doctor? What is your blood sugar?
Quoting kgbm13:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)