• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Terrible pains, feel like my stomach is ripping apart (piog)

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:22 AM
  • 2 Replies

I just found out I was pregnant two days ago and I'm only 4 weeks 2 days. This is my third pregnancy and I've never experienced anything like this. I'm having horrible pains all over my stomach that feel like it's ripping apart. Once it starts, it's so bad that I feel like screaming anytime I try to move.  It reminds me of round ligament pain that I had in my hips and back during other pregnancies, but I've never heard of it all over the stomach. And this early? I don't remember feeling anything but mild cramps for the first few weeks. Is this normal or should I be concerned?

The doctor is closed now, and I thought about going to the ER earlier because it was so bad, but I doubt they would do much there, so I'm trying to just tough it out until tomorrow when I can call a doctor.

Also, I have endometriosis so ectopic pregnancy has always been a concern for me, but I haven't had any bleeding or other symptoms of ectopic.

by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 5:31 PM

Do you think you're having horrible gas pains?  I can get some nasty pains from gas esp. early in pregnancy.  If you're worried, is there an on-call number you could call?

a06z08mama
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 5:34 PM
Could be implantation pains.. I had them about that time. I thought I was having another cyst. I also have endometriosis, which could be another cause of the pain. From the uterus starting to stretch.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)