Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy announcement?

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:28 AM
  • 6 Replies

How did you announce your pregnancy and how far along were you?

I'm four weeks now and plan on announcing to family asap, but waiting a few weeks to announce to everyone else.

by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
summerbear
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:45 AM

With my first I was 36 weeks when I told family. After 7 losses I wanted to wait as long as possible. Plus, we lived 2 hours away, it was easy to keep it hidden.

#2 I was 16 weeks when I sent out small cards in the shape of a rubber duck in the mail. The ones we wanted to know first lived in the same town, so they all found out at the same time. 

#3 I was 9 weeks when I told family and 12 weeks when I told everyone else.

#4 I was 7 weeks when everyone started assuming I was pregnant because of the bloat. So I fessed up. It was a cute facebook post with the 3 kids holding a sign.

#5 I was 5 weeks when I told friends (friends who don't associate with family) and 17 weeks when I told family. I got really nasty comments after #4 because of how close in age they are and being pregnant again. So I was in no rush to tell family. I would have kept it a secret longer, but the belly was un-hideable. This was another facebook pic post I made on pizap.

mamakristena210
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:02 PM
I announced with my first right away when i got positive at bout 5 weeks. But then had two miscarriages so with my second daughter i told my kom n best friend right away but didnt announce to everyone till 13 weeks same with my 3rd and this one.
MadamosielleM
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:28 PM

This was my third pregnancy so I didn't do any thing special. I was at my mother in law's house when I did the test and was really surprised when it came back positive (some times I'm just late).  I shrieked a little, showed her the test, and we hugged. Then I called hubby at work and told him.  He was pretty happy and was so convinced the further I got along that it was a boy. I was so convinced it was a girl.  Hubby was right. lol :) 

MadamosielleM
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:32 PM

If you want to do something special you could take a picture of a bun in the oven and then post it on a social media site, or you could plan a special dinner. With our first, I told hubby by putting the pregnancy test in a ziploc, wrapped it up, and then had him open it. Then when I wanted him to know the sex of the baby I bought a little plaque that read "Daddy's Little Girl," wrapped it, and had him open it.  Some people do "we're expecting" announcements (with greeting cards) and send them out too.  There are even candy bar wrappers you can customize to announce you are expecting :)

anotherandree
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:34 PM
With our first, we told people right away. With #2 and 3, I honestly don't remeber since it was a time before FB. With this one we waited until 8wks to tell people. Our family made shitty comments, which we knew was coming, so we weren't in a huge hurry to tell people.
CH1991
by Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 7:25 PM

We found out yesterday that we were expecting #2. so I am 4 weeks as well. Today we went to both of my parents house and told them to look at our daughter's new shirt. When they unzipped her jacket it said "BIG SISTER" We just put a onesie on her, put clear packing tape on it and wrote that. they were shocked! As for my husband's family, they all live in other states so we sent a mass text to all with a picture of our daughter upset and crying with a caption that said "Only Child Exp. In Sept. 2015" they loved it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)