Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids at the dr...

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 9:04 AM
  • 11 Replies
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Yesterday our 2 older kids were able to go with me to the dr. They were excited about being able to hear the heartbeat in person.

Well dr was running behind from having a delivery. So by the time I got to see him, it was close to lunch and I was hungry. He tried to find the heartbeat with the doppler but my stomach was being louder. He said he was going to get the scanner.

So here the kids thought they were just going to hear baby's heartbeat. But instead got to see baby too! They were super excited then! I was 12w6d yesterday so we should have been able to hear it with the doppler. Next time, I am bringing snacks while I wait, just in case!
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 9:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 9:11 PM

How awesome!  

Donna.June
by Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 9:13 PM
I bet they were surprised!

I'm taking my girls with me when we have the anatomy scan. They'll be so excited to see the new baby and learn the gender. They're all hoping for a brother. Lol!
courtAKAmommy
by on Jan. 1, 2015 at 2:07 AM
We took our 3 kids ages 9,6 and 4 to the 23 week scan. They thought it was so neat to see the baby move.
Glad you could share that with your kiddos!
a06z08mama
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2015 at 8:22 AM
They were! Hubby was kinda sad he missed the unplanned scan, but have it on video for him.

They will be going for the anatomy scan too. I told dh even if they are suppose to be in school, they are going! They are 8 and 6 so this is still 'cool' for them.

Quoting Donna.June: I bet they were surprised!

I'm taking my girls with me when we have the anatomy scan. They'll be so excited to see the new baby and learn the gender. They're all hoping for a brother. Lol!
a06z08mama
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2015 at 8:23 AM
They will be going for that one too! It was nice for them to actually see a baby in my belly and not just believing me. Lol. Mine are 8 and 6. So they thought it was cool to see it.

Quoting courtAKAmommy: We took our 3 kids ages 9,6 and 4 to the 23 week scan. They thought it was so neat to see the baby move.
Glad you could share that with your kiddos!
mommieof38829
by Member on Jan. 1, 2015 at 8:28 AM
My two year goes to every appointment. He will go on the 14th when I find out the gender. His dad has to work
a06z08mama
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2015 at 8:33 AM
1 mom liked this
Mine are 8 & 6 so they are usually in school. So when this appt got scheduled I was excited because they are off for break. So I knew it would be fun for them to hear baby's heartbeat.

Quoting mommieof38829: My two year goes to every appointment. He will go on the 14th when I find out the gender. His dad has to work
ShowMustGoOn86
by on Jan. 1, 2015 at 4:28 PM
That's great!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Jan. 1, 2015 at 7:00 PM

Glad all went well!! I have 4 kiddos and they will attend every apt. We meet at my midwifes home until later on in the pregnancy when she will come to mine! And the midwife has a ton of toys, so the kids are always super excited to go play!! I enjoy the kids going because they can be involved with each apt, they can hear everything that is going on, etc. And it allows them to get to know my midwife, doula, and the assistant who will attend the birth. So that they aren't shy, or weirded out wondering why strangers are in the house etc. They know them well and look forward to seeing them. And know that when Mom is in labor and they come it means baby is coming soon!! Its great for them! 

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Jan. 1, 2015 at 7:38 PM
How fun!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)