Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

cant shake twin feeling!

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:41 AM
  • 10 Replies
I know these questions get asked a lot.. but this is my third pregnancy and it feels quite a bit different but I cant put my finger on why.. everyone has joked with me about twins and I have not been able to shake the feeling they might be right.. I will find out in the next couple of weeks but I was wondering..
Any moms experienced twins in a 2nd or 3rd pregnancy that had completely normal, uneventful singleton pregnancy, but with twins in a 2nd or 3rd preg. experienced a little spotting, then a few weeks later brown discharge with mild cramping (like growing pains really)? I understand this can be normal in singletons but its just very new to me esp being my 3rd and not being able to shake that feeling! Just curious!! Thank you in advance!
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
StaciF
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:58 AM
1 mom liked this
I had 4 singletons before twins. Nothing was really different in the beginning other than how quick I gained weight- otherwise nothing. Congrats on the pregnancy!
PinkGlitterBomb
by Ro on Jan. 6, 2015 at 4:59 AM
I'm on my second pregnancy, 9 weeks with twins. No real difference from my pregnancy with my son.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WonderWomanSV
by Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:59 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm have that concern too. I'm 10 weeks...there's not a lot different from my other 2 pregnancies...except my boobs are already gigantic!!  I've gained 3lbs...which I blame my extra calorie intake for that....My husband's half cousin is expecting naturall concieved twins and I keep wanting to say babies...instead of just baby. We have an ultrasound Thursday...so soon it will be revealed. Good luck to you.

emmy_baby13
by Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 4:54 PM
I found out at 7 weeks I was having twins . I started showing At 6 weeks . Everybody was always joking about it & bam I went to my very first ultrasound at 7 weeks & there was two of them in there . Lol . Just be very careful , especially if they are identical because they can get twin to twin transfusion like Mine did & it caused my twins to be still borns at 18 weeks ...... & that was my very first pregnacy & they were twins .
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:44 PM

Not here, every pregnancy seems to be a new journey for me.  Good luck though!

carlycarson
by Member on Jan. 7, 2015 at 1:31 AM
My third pregnancy was twins, I was deathly sick until 12 weeks. That is when I lost one. I'm on my 6th baby now and all I can think is twins. My numbers where high. Started showing at just over 4 weeks but that's also because of so many pregnancies. Only time will tell lol
mrsd2013
by Member on Jan. 7, 2015 at 10:35 AM

This is my second pregnancy.  I felt like it might be twins.  Family members kept talking about twins.  Then my doctor said 'um, your uterus is measuring alittle big.  maybe there is more then one in there. lets do an ultrasound.' OMogsh, OMgosh, OMgosh...

nope, only one in there. 

I felt alittle relieved.

kaves
by Bronze Member on Jan. 7, 2015 at 10:44 AM

I had twins my second pregnancy but I had bleeding with both my single and my twin pregnancies.  I was definitely more sick with my twin pregnancy but now that theory is kind of going out the window.  I'm on my third pregnancy and I'm sicker then when I had twins!  Granted I haven't had an ultrasound yet so I don't know how many I'm currently carrying, hopefully just one!  Good luck!  Hope you get answers soon! 

tyrelsmom
by Silver Member on Jan. 7, 2015 at 1:41 PM
I can't shake the feeling either. I guess we'll see in time.
Bethbeth
by Silver Member on Jan. 12, 2015 at 7:09 PM

I had twins my 2nd pregnancy, and had absolutely NO CLUE.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)