• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hip Pain Help

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:52 AM
  • 12 Replies
OK, so I know, and remember, that hip pain just goes along with the whole being pregnant blessing. However, this pain is horrible! I can't sleep, I'm constantly tossing and turning in absolute pain. During the day, it hurts to walk, but I'm gaining weight way too fast sitting all day trying to get relief, not to mention comfort eating.

I have joint issues that stem from a hereditary condition that I've inherited. So this pregnancy has made it so much worse. If I weren't pregnant, I would take some ibuprofen and soak in the jetted tub. Both of those things are frowned upon by my OBGYN.

Do you guys have any suggestions? Any exercises that help? I've heard walking extended periods only make it worse. I'll try anything!
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DACIA79
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:00 AM
2 moms liked this

I would try a Chiropractor.

If possible maybe you could find a indoor swimming pool to help relax your muscles.

ttriddick
by Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:02 AM
I may have to get over my irrational fear of chiropractors. I didn't think about a pool, I need to check the local YMCA and see if their membership is affordable yet. Well, I'm cheap, we CAN afford it, it just seems to be too much for me personally.

Quoting DACIA79:

If possible maybe you could find a indoor swimming pool to help relax your muscles.

DACIA79
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:12 AM
1 mom liked this

See if your job has a partnership with the YMCA you might get a reduced rate that way.

You just need the membership for the rest of your pregnancy . You know that pain will only get worse. Even though you can't take the hot baths you can you use a heating pad.

Quoting ttriddick: I may have to get over my irrational fear of chiropractors. I didn't think about a pool, I need to check the local YMCA and see if their membership is affordable yet. Well, I'm cheap, we CAN afford it, it just seems to be too much for me personally.
Quoting DACIA79:

JennaPBug
by on Jan. 9, 2015 at 9:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree, try the Chiropractor. I'm tight with money and I'm even considering going for this shooting pain down my leg. My sister swears by it, she gets "adjusted" weekly and can't praise it enough lol.

Quoting ttriddick: I may have to get over my irrational fear of chiropractors. I didn't think about a pool, I need to check the local YMCA and see if their membership is affordable yet. Well, I'm cheap, we CAN afford it, it just seems to be too much for me personally.
Quoting DACIA79:

anotherandree
by on Jan. 9, 2015 at 9:33 PM
2 moms liked this
I just went to my OB for the same thing. She explained that your body produces relaxin to loosen up your joints in prep for birth. However, sometimes our bodies can produce too much and the result is that our hips have no real structure anymore, especially when we walk (climbing stairs or anything that requires lifting a leg!). She gave me a referral for a chiropractor and also suggested using a maternity belt with good hip support. I found one on Amazon for $25. It's u fly but got good reviews.
ttriddick
by Member on Jan. 10, 2015 at 1:13 AM
Thanks! I'll have to get one!

Quoting anotherandree: I just went to my OB for the same thing. She explained that your body produces relaxin to loosen up your joints in prep for birth. However, sometimes our bodies can produce too much and the result is that our hips have no real structure anymore, especially when we walk (climbing stairs or anything that requires lifting a leg!). She gave me a referral for a chiropractor and also suggested using a maternity belt with good hip support. I found one on Amazon for $25. It's u fly but got good reviews.
jas_momof2
by on Jan. 10, 2015 at 10:48 AM

Belly band!

ttriddick
by Member on Jan. 10, 2015 at 11:06 AM
Thanks! A few people have suggested them so I will probably go out and get one today.

I've looked up some reviews online. Some people said finding one that fits well is hard. So how is the fit on yours? Was it pretty easy to match up?

I also have seen them at target but didn't know if I needed to shell out a ton of money on a fancier one. Any information you can give me would be a huge help.

Quoting jas_momof2:

Belly band!

jas_momof2
by on Jan. 10, 2015 at 11:10 AM
1 mom liked this

I got mine through Amazon and got it within 2 days.  It's a Gabrialla maternity support belt and they are true to size but still adjustable.

It's made a HUGE difference and it was around $30.  Best investment ever!

Quoting ttriddick: Thanks! A few people have suggested them so I will probably go out and get one today. I've looked up some reviews online. Some people said finding one that fits well is hard. So how is the fit on yours? Was it pretty easy to match up? I also have seen them at target but didn't know if I needed to shell out a ton of money on a fancier one. Any information you can give me would be a huge help.
Quoting jas_momof2:

Belly band!

sarahmiamaria
by on Jan. 10, 2015 at 12:53 PM
1 mom liked this
I went to the chiro and that helped my pain a lot but the biggest thing was my support belt that I use when doing anything from vacuuming to grocery shopping. I have a Bracoo one that was like $17 on Amazon and it does that job for me. But I'm cheap ;-)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)