Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how did you do it? :/

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 4:25 PM
  • 18 Replies

so my biggest worry is after i give birth and baby is here how am i gunna lose this baby weight... before i got pregnant i bounced between 145-150 and now im already up to 171 im really nervous about the weight after and im worried im going to see the weight and get depressed and lose motvation to lose the weight... i worked so hard to get to the weight i was before the baby and it was a lot of work from being really overweight but im just nervous... so i wanna know how did you lose your baby weight what did you do to keep your motivation to lose it? and also i do plan on breastfeeding i dont know if that makes a difference. Anxious

by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 4:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
emmy_baby13
by Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 4:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Breastfeeding helps you lose weight .. Jus make sure you eat right for you & the baby because whatever you eat is what the baby is getting , but breastfeeding does help lose weight , my friend lost 20lbs in 2 weeks of breastfeeding . It will be okay :)
C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 4:37 PM
1 mom liked this

I didn't even try to lose weight, and managed to lose 57lbs by the time my son was 3 months old. The first 32 lbs came off in a week. Breast feeding is really what did it for me since I wasn't eating differently or exercising at all.

smorgan865
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 4:40 PM
1 mom liked this
With my first, I didn't even try I just bounced back. With my second, the last 10 lbs or so held on while I was breastfeeding, then lost it all. I gained 40 and 44lbs.
FPE.903
by Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 4:42 PM
1 mom liked this

How far along are you? Don't worry, Im usually about 130-135 and im already at 165. Im 30 weeks. I gained 35 pounds my last pregnancy, I breastfed and lost it all in less than a month. 

sweetbaybee
by Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 4:54 PM

im 20 weeks already... im just nervous only because i had such a hard time losing the weight before and everyone keeps telling me that baby weight is the hardest to lose... oh and im 21 so i dont maybe that will help because of being younger with my first child. i just hope not to gain to much more weight....

FPE.903
by Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 4:59 PM

Are you gaining weight in your face and arms? That will tell you if its fat or just the baby. Don't worry about it too much. Just make sure you drink plenty of water and eat decent. If you aren't eating horribly, you should be able to lose the weight very quickly especially with breastfeeding. I was 20 when my first dd was born, im 24 now. I don't see the weight in my face but I do feel bad everytime I see the scale. Im trying not to worry. 

Quoting sweetbaybee:

im 20 weeks already... im just nervous only because i had such a hard time losing the weight before and everyone keeps telling me that baby weight is the hardest to lose... oh and im 21 so i dont maybe that will help because of being younger with my first child. i just hope not to gain to much more weight....

sweetbaybee
by Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 5:06 PM

for the most part i do im not going to lie i do eat fast food but not much of it my biggest killer is the caffeine. have gained a little my face but barely any... i do eat three times a day with little snacking... it just scares me about not being able to lose the weight after... is there anyway to shed a couple puonds being pregnant without harming the baby

Quoting FPE.903:

Are you gaining weight in your face and arms? That will tell you if its fat or just the baby. Don't worry about it too much. Just make sure you drink plenty of water and eat decent. If you aren't eating horribly, you should be able to lose the weight very quickly especially with breastfeeding. I was 20 when my first dd was born, im 24 now. I don't see the weight in my face but I do feel bad everytime I see the scale. Im trying not to worry. 

Quoting sweetbaybee:

OneNotDone
by Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 5:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I gained 70 lbs with my son and lost it all  within 10 months. I breastfed and walked. That is about it.. 

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:57 PM

I really found just not eating between meals help me a lot!  I also just drank lots of water too.

FPE.903
by Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:27 PM

Of course. You can exercise, cut out the fast food and soda (if you drink it often). The exercising will help you when its time to deliver also. Just don't over do it. 

My biggest problem right now is the lack of exercise and candy is a huge weakness for me. 

Quoting sweetbaybee:

for the most part i do im not going to lie i do eat fast food but not much of it my biggest killer is the caffeine. have gained a little my face but barely any... i do eat three times a day with little snacking... it just scares me about not being able to lose the weight after... is there anyway to shed a couple puonds being pregnant without harming the baby

Quoting FPE.903:

Quoting sweetbaybee:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)