Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Mom, Healthy Baby Challenge Day 3: Take Your Vitamins

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 8:00 AM
  • 21 Replies

Welcome to Day 3 of the Healthy Mom, Healthy Baby Challenge!

Did you take your prenatal vitamins today? Taking prenatal vitamins can help you make sure you and baby are both getting what you need during pregnancy. You may need to experiment to find the best time of day for you to take them without them making you nauseated or interfering with your sleep, but ask your doctor for tips and advice on the particular vitamin you're using.

What brand of prenatal vitamin are you taking?
Does it help you to take your vitamins with food, or on an empty stomach?
If you're not taking prenatals, tell us why?

One lucky member who replies to this post and participates in all 5 days will be eligible to receive a $25 gift card!

<< Click here for Day 2's activity

Click here to sign up & join in the other daily activities:
Join our Healthy Mom, Healthy Baby Challenge! WIN a $25 Gift Card!

by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 8:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momma-flynn
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 8:28 AM
1 mom liked this
I haven't taken mine yet today. I have been taking them in the evening with dinner and it has helped my nausea. I am currently trying different samples that my doctor gave me.
sweetktn
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 8:31 AM
1 mom liked this

I had a gastric bypass so vitamins are my life pretty much. I have special ones I take that I have to order online that have over 200% of everything in them. Most complete vitamin ever made. Right now I'm out so I double up on gummy prenatals, they smell horrible but taste good. I also take extra b12, folic acid, calcium, iron, and vit d. I have to take them on an empty stomach for better absorption but if I get a little queasy I'll eat something small like a couple baby carrots or couple sips of milk. Water seems to make the queasiness worse.

IncognitoOne
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 8:44 AM
1 mom liked this
I take them at night before bed.
tina_a
by Christina on Jan. 14, 2015 at 9:08 AM
1 mom liked this
I take mine at night and i usually eat a few crackers just so I'm not taking them on a completely empty stomach. I take similac prenatal and breastfeeding vitamins i take one mineral tablet and one softgel a day.
C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 9:23 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm taking a prenatal and a DHA. They are just a generic brand. I take them in the morning and it doesn't matter if it's with food or not, it's never bothered me either way.

XJTrixie
by Suzi on Jan. 14, 2015 at 9:59 AM
1 mom liked this

I take mine shortly after dinner.  I started taking them when we first started TTC and found that at night worked best for me.

I am currently taking prescription ones from my dr.  I can get them for free at the pharmacy.

Madelaine
by Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 10:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Definitely take those vitamins!  Mine always have to be with food though.

lovingJosh14
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 11:13 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm taking a generic brand prenatal gummy vitamin. I've taken several different brands and kinds throughout my pregnancy. It doesn't really seem to matter whether I take them with food or not, they don't bother me, I usually take them in the morning. 

Donna.June
by Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 11:54 AM
1 mom liked this
I take a vitamin my doctor recommend. I also have to take a b12 vitamin and vitamin D.

I take them at lunch time.
allycally
by Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:10 PM
I take them at night before bed..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)