Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

eating your placenta??

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:53 PM
  • 22 Replies

OK so to some this topic may be gross but to others its of interests. I am one of the ones who recently took interest in consuming my placenta after birth. I would like to know if anyone here has gave it a try? if so in what form? how did it taste? how'd it make you feel? how'd you go about consuming it? the costs if you had to pay for it to be prepared? any and all info that can be given is much appreciated. thank you in advance. 

by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Avetay
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:34 PM
I had mine encapsulated. It was $175 and I got about 100 pills. No taste. Kinda smell like a vitamin.
I found someone when I was about 20 weeks along. I checked in wi th her every few weeks. Texted when I went into labor and after the baby was born.
My midwife knew I wanted my placenta ans she had it bagged and oh on ice. My encapsulator came and picked it up. 2 days later she brought my pills.
If you want more info lwt me know.
PinkGlitterBomb
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:35 PM
I think it's worth a try. Encapsulated seems to be the most popular.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DutchOven
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:36 PM

I am interested in this as well. Is there a website or information I can read about the benefits of consumig your placenta? I'm afraid to Google anything because it's difficult to decifer fact from opinion. 

Quoting Avetay: I had mine encapsulated. It was $175 and I got about 100 pills. No taste. Kinda smell like a vitamin. I found someone when I was about 20 weeks along. I checked in wi th her every few weeks. Texted when I went into labor and after the baby was born. My midwife knew I wanted my placenta ans she had it bagged and oh on ice. My encapsulator came and picked it up. 2 days later she brought my pills. If you want more info lwt me know.

Avetay
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:55 PM
I used redstickbirth I also have a friend that does it. I googled it read alot and went from there. I also interviewed a few people before picking someine

Quoting DutchOven:

I am interested in this as well. Is there a website or information I can read about the benefits of consumig your placenta? I'm afraid to Google anything because it's difficult to decifer fact from opinion. 

Quoting Avetay: I had mine encapsulated. It was $175 and I got about 100 pills. No taste. Kinda smell like a vitamin.
I found someone when I was about 20 weeks along. I checked in wi th her every few weeks. Texted when I went into labor and after the baby was born.
My midwife knew I wanted my placenta ans she had it bagged and oh on ice. My encapsulator came and picked it up. 2 days later she brought my pills.
If you want more info lwt me know.

DutchOven
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Awesome, thank you!

Quoting Avetay: I used redstickbirth I also have a friend that does it. I googled it read alot and went from there. I also interviewed a few people before picking someine
Quoting DutchOven:

Quoting Avetay: I had mine encapsulated. It was $175 and I got about 100 pills. No taste. Kinda smell like a vitamin. I found someone when I was about 20 weeks along. I checked in wi th her every few weeks. Texted when I went into labor and after the baby was born. My midwife knew I wanted my placenta ans she had it bagged and oh on ice. My encapsulator came and picked it up. 2 days later she brought my pills. If you want more info lwt me know.

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Jan. 7, 2015 at 12:05 AM
Not for me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
flowerfunleah
by Bronze Member on Jan. 7, 2015 at 12:16 AM

I can plan on having both babies placenta's dehydrated and encapsulated. Suuuure, it sounds weird, but I dont think it's too weird. 

carlycarson
by Member on Jan. 7, 2015 at 1:21 AM
Debating it. Ide do it myself though and make it into capsules.
courtAKAmommy
by on Jan. 7, 2015 at 1:50 AM
What are the benefits of doing it? I don't think it's something I will do since I'm weeks away from my due date and don't have a clue of who to contact about it. However it's interesting.
collectivecow
by on Jan. 7, 2015 at 3:16 AM

I haven't done it personally and I believe it may be a religious issue for me to consume it as a Jew (not sure). Interesting subject though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)