Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hubby is mad at me

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 6:52 PM
  • 16 Replies
Because he's trying to get into the navy reserves and we have one child and they were willing to still recruit him. Well he just told them today that I'm pregnant again and he said it might hurt his chances of getting in.

He's supposed to go to boot camp in May but they said it might not happen now with another dependant on the way. The baby isn't due until August.

They say it's more paper work and changing some stuff on the paperwork they already have.

He told me it's my fault because if I wasn't in such a hurry to have another baby then his chances would still be good.

We don't use any form of birth control so chances are it could have happened any ways.

But none of this is his fault, it's all mine, according to him.

He knew about his chances being slim to get in with another dependant when he first started the recruiting process and didn't tell me, how was i supposed to know it could hurt his chances. He should have said something and we would have been more careful.
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 6:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anotherandree
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 7:33 PM

That is really shitty of him to say.  On the other hand, he should talk to another Navy recruiter.  Coincidentally, my husband is also looking to go into the Navy.  He was, however, prior Air Force many years ago.  We have 3 children and another on the way and his recruiter has not said anything.  It sounds like your recruiter is lazy. 

Rosapenbel
by Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 7:40 PM
1 mom liked this
This sounds very weird to me. I do not understand how a baby on the way would hurt his chances. There shouldn't be any extra paperwork until after the baby is here because chances are no paperwork can be registered on the baby until it has a social security number. Did he or his recruiter go into any detail on what this paperwork is or why it would hurt his chances?
babyliz13
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 7:47 PM
My hubby told me it would hurt his chances because it's another dependant they would support. And no paperwork would be done until after the baby is born.

Quoting Rosapenbel: This sounds very weird to me. I do not understand how a baby on the way would hurt his chances. There shouldn't be any extra paperwork until after the baby is here because chances are no paperwork can be registered on the baby until it has a social security number. Did he or his recruiter go into any detail on what this paperwork is or why it would hurt his chances?
MamaBearEH
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 7:51 PM
That's kind of a piss poor attitude of him to have. If he didn't want another dependent he should have kept it in his pants!

I hope he comes around and is able to share in the joy of having a baby with you.
keavj2015
by Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 8:47 PM
My husband is military and unless he's having the baby it does not hurt nothing for him so he blowing smoke up ur Ass basically
.oOMellyOo.
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 10:02 PM

Actually being pregnant doesn't effect enlistment. ONLY living dependants count. So long as you've not given birth before he's signed the paperwork and began basic it doesn't matter.

And yes. Having too many dependants can effect your enlistment, but there are waivers. But as stated so long as you have not given birth before papers are signed and began basic he's in the clear.

.oOMellyOo.
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 10:03 PM

Having too many dependants can and does effect enlistment eligibility. 

Quoting Rosapenbel: This sounds very weird to me. I do not understand how a baby on the way would hurt his chances. There shouldn't be any extra paperwork until after the baby is here because chances are no paperwork can be registered on the baby until it has a social security number. Did he or his recruiter go into any detail on what this paperwork is or why it would hurt his chances?

Mom2five87
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 11:55 PM
Why is that? Just curious.

Quoting .oOMellyOo.:

Having too many dependants can and does effect enlistment eligibility. 

PinkGlitterBomb
by on Jan. 15, 2015 at 12:02 AM
This is on both of you. If he didn't want to have another kid just yet, he could have abstained or used a condom.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babyliz13
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2015 at 6:18 AM
Like I said. The baby is due in August and he goes to boot camp in May. ( is that what you mean by basic training, boot camp). He'll be in boot camp for about 6-9 weeks and be home right around the time the baby is due.

Quoting .oOMellyOo.:

Actually being pregnant doesn't effect enlistment. ONLY living dependants count. So long as you've not given birth before he's signed the paperwork and began basic it doesn't matter.

And yes. Having too many dependants can effect your enlistment, but there are waivers. But as stated so long as you have not given birth before papers are signed and began basic he's in the clear.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)