Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

worried!!! c-section

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 4:05 PM
  • 47 Replies
I am scheduled for a c-section on Saturday and I am very scared never had one. Are they hard to recover from and I'm scared I may feel it :(
by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 4:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 4:23 PM

Why are you having a c-section?

NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 4:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Remember you have rights. If its for a non-emergency reason you can refuse. C-sections are serious surgeries that increse your risk for life threatning complications as well as your infants! You should be scared, especially if its for a rediculous reason like it is so often!

kaliehodge3
by Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 6:51 PM
My blood pressure has been high and baby is really big.so big she said I would have problems delivering vaginal.

Quoting NoraDun:

SkellyBird
by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 6:53 PM
2 moms liked this

They do them allllllll the time girl, try not to worry.

NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 7:02 PM
3 moms liked this

They have no clue!! If you want to fight it and avoid surgery you can! I was told I couldnt deliver an 8 lber without problems during my first and second pregnancies!! I deliver my 4th at home. He was 10 lbs 2 oz. Yea Drs are idiots!! If you want to fight it find a Doula. If your ok with surgery go for it! Good Luck, hope whatever happens you deliver a healthy baby without complications!

Quoting kaliehodge3: My blood pressure has been high and baby is really big.so big she said I would have problems delivering vaginal.
Quoting NoraDun:

Nicole_2007
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 7:49 PM
1 mom liked this
I would tell them you want to try that being said they will probably want to induce you and then it might end in a emergency C-Section. Me and my friend both went through it for high blood pressure. C-Section are not bad. If you have one make sure you go and get up as soon as you can and wslk. Walk as much as you can. It really helps with the healing
RaynesMommy07
by Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 8:31 PM
1 mom liked this
I would ask to be induced and at least attempt vaginal first.
smorgan865
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 9:33 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm only 100lbs and delivered a 9lb 10oz baby vaginally. Baby's size is only a guess.

Quoting kaliehodge3: My blood pressure has been high and baby is really big.so big she said I would have problems delivering vaginal.

Quoting NoraDun:

MadamosielleM
by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 9:55 PM
2 moms liked this

If you can deliver your baby vaginally then do it.  I have had two c-sections and am about to have my third (my first one was breech, the second one was transverse, and this one will have to be delivered via c-section because of the risk of uterine rupture, since according to my doctor my uterus is paper thin).  They just take too long to recover from.  If you are going to have a c-section get stitches, not metal staples (they can cause an infection; I got a staph infection from them).   Get some thick pads for home. You will bleed a lot after ward.  They will stick a catheter in you the first day and won't let you get up. The next day they will take out the catheter and make you walk around. Walk around if you can because the faster you are up and walker the faster you will recover.  This usually is good to do after your pain meds have kicked in and you don't feel too much pain.  Whatever you decide, congrats on your little one. :)

sdtoga
by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 11:42 PM
3 moms liked this
Please, for the love of Thor, for your sake... do some reading. I was scared into a csection with my first when I was 21 for NO REASON.

Let your body go into labor. If you dont need a csection, dont grt one. Unless you or your baby is DYING you dont NEED one!

Please, read up on it. You'll regret it if you just lay down later in life.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)