Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gas pains or baby's position?

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 2:42 AM
  • 11 Replies

I keep getting this bad pain right under my ribcage mostly on the right side. At first I thought it was baby's position but my uterus isn't that high up yet. I'm 24 weeks and I sometimes feel the same pain at about belly botton level. The pressure is unbelievable! It hurts so bad! I was wondering if I can take any meds to relieve gas and see if that helps?

by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 2:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thePBandJmom
by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 2:52 AM

Omg, it feels like I am walking around with a 10 lb rock on my right side!

thePBandJmom
by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 1:23 PM

bump

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 1:47 PM
It could be baby's position.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jas_momof2
by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 2:38 PM

Sounds like gas :(

MMerrill
by Melissa on Jan. 31, 2015 at 7:57 PM

I'm not sure how far along you are, but upper right quadrant pain can be a symptom of HELLP Syndrome which is very serious. You should call your doctor just to make sure.

wedding countdown

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

thePBandJmom
by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:30 PM

Lol, I don't think its that serious.

Quoting MMerrill:

I'm not sure how far along you are, but upper right quadrant pain can be a symptom of HELLP Syndrome which is very serious. You should call your doctor just to make sure.

MMerrill
by Melissa on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:42 PM

I see you are 24 weeks now. I had the same issue, thought it was gas and ended up with HELLP at 28 weeks. It is more thank likely nothing serious but it's always better safe than sorry, I learned that the hard way.

Try some gas x though.

Quoting thePBandJmom:

Lol, I don't think its that serious.

Quoting MMerrill:

wedding countdown

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

thePBandJmom
by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:44 PM

Thanks.

Quoting MMerrill:

I see you are 24 weeks now. I had the same issue, thought it was gas and ended up with HELLP at 28 weeks. It is more thank likely nothing serious but it's always better safe than sorry, I learned that the hard way.

Try some gas x though.

crystalplus1
by Member on Feb. 2, 2015 at 1:23 AM

Gallbladder maybe? I would get it checked out. I had really bad gallbladder attacks that kept getting mistaken as preterm labor. Then when ds was 2 months old it caused a big mess of issues.

jocrox01
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2015 at 2:28 AM
Sounds like gas I had that with my last pregnancy I never took anything I just drank lots of water to work out the gas but if you can I would take something for immediate relief
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)