Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Questions for all the moms who have had or are having twins?

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 10:37 PM
  • 6 Replies

Hey Ladies!

So we found out a week ago that we are having twins!! Eek! I'm very excited. I'm currently 11 weeks.

Anyhoo, we have our next appointment on Monday. Just wanting to know what they will be doing?

Also, is the appointments for twins different than with singletons? Will we have more appointments/ultrasounds/tests etc?

Thank you so much for any help! 

by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 10:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Twin_mom2010
by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:21 PM
1 mom liked this
I had dr appts every 2 weeks
nac723
by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:23 PM

Thank you! Did you have more ultrasounds?

Quoting Twin_mom2010: I had dr appts every 2 weeks

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:28 PM
1 mom liked this
So exciting!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
flowerfunleah
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:48 PM

Currently 24 weeks pregnant with twin boys! I have an appointment about every month. I had an ultrasound at 8 weeks (and saw it was twins), then another at 12ish weeks to hear heartbeats (good and strong, both at 178), then another at 20 weeks (boys!) and I'll have another every month (probably 24 weeks which I am now, Wednesday is SO far away) and then another at 28 weeks, and then probably every two weeks after that. 

I remember at 11 weeks I was having a hard time taking a deep breath but my doctor says thats normal.

*sigh* he says everything is normal. 

At this next appointment I'm gonna request listening to the heartbeats two afterwards just to put my poor mind at ease. Seriously, my anxiety is the worst symptom of all! lol 

Let us know how everything is going! We can be buddies! lol I'll worry and you'll worry and then we'll tell each other NOT to worry and stop being crazy ladies. ;-)

Twin_mom2010
by on Feb. 1, 2015 at 12:12 AM
Yes I did, they were born at 37 weeks and 3 days.

Quoting nac723:

Thank you! Did you have more ultrasounds?

Quoting Twin_mom2010: I had dr appts every 2 weeks

Mommy_0f_many
by on Feb. 1, 2015 at 3:24 PM
it all depends on your situation. I became high risk and placed on hospital bed rest for 3 months prior to birth! Lots of ultrasounds, nst's, and doctor visits but yours could be more normal and with the regular amount of visits.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)