Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

someone who can relate

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 1:39 AM
  • 7 Replies
Hello my name is Rachel. I am due in about 3 and a half weeks. I am a stay at home mom, i already have 2 boys ages 11 & 6. And have another boy on the way. I've been with my boyfriend for about a year and a half. With that said the past few days I've been feeling depressed, lonely, and sad. Is that normal? I know my hormones are all over the place but it feels weird. I don't remember feeling like this before maybe because i was on my own and had my family there. Now its me and him and the boys. The rest of my family lives in another state. I want to talk to him about it but i don't want him to worry which he will anyway. This is his first child so all this is new to him so when i do open up he's not sure how to act and just tells me he's sorry. And i just get more irritated. Not sure what to do. I don't want to have a nervous breakdown, or stress out being so close to my due date.
by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 1:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
caylalynn
by Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 1:57 AM
2 moms liked this
I have gotten that way a few times. you can get pregnancy related depression when you see your dr next tell him or her about your feelings. I talked with my dh and he would just apologize so finally I told him I needed more than an apology that I needed acknowledgment and support and how expressed how I felt he can help. Unfortunately these guys can't read our minds :)
MadamosielleM
by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 2:59 AM
1 mom liked this

I have two kids and one on the way, and I'm also a stay at home mom. I'm also due in about three weeks and have been depressed, lonely, and sad too. Part of it is the hormones, but the other part is missing my dh because he has been working crazy hours the past few weeks. My hormones this pregnancy are out of control. I have been crying about the silliest things lately.  I told my hubby to ignore my irritability because it's just my hormones talking. He laughed. I would just open up to your hubby and then ask him how he's feeling about the baby. I know it's stressful trying to handle every thing yourself. Men like to feel needed and like to fix problems, so open up to your boyfriend and give him a baby task to help you out. I had my hubby put together the bassinet with me the other night. :)

Rachmore1387
by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 5:14 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you!
Blessed2585
by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 11:46 AM
1 mom liked this

I am so sorry that you are feeling alone. I know that you said that you don't want to talk to him because he doesn't understand, but will just getting it out and being open help at all? I do know that Focus on the Family has free licensed counselors that you can call at 1800-A-Family. I know they would love to talk and help in anyway they can. I have spoken with one and they are great.

Live, Laugh, and Cantor on

RaynesMommy07
by Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 3:52 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry :(. It's most likely hormones but you should speak to your dr about it. Let him know that way when baby comes he can continue to keep a check on you for ppd and etc. (((Hugs))) hope it gets better for you.
MamaBearEH
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 4:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Normal to feel that way under the circumstances.  Talk to someone about it and you might feel better.

If he isn't sure how to act, you can always express your needs to him blatantly.  My SO gave me a lot of "I'm sorry" too, and it wasn't our first even.  They just don't know everything... you got to help them help you sometimes.

Pregnancy Journal for...
27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 3334 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | BIRTH

Rachmore1387
by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 11:45 PM
Thank you so much! We talked or should i say i talked, he listen. It was good. I felt so much better afterwards and so did he.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)