Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HELP?

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 5:32 PM
  • 21 Replies

Okay, ladies! I need help! My period was due today. It hasn't come. I took all these tests last night. But that was after my doctor's appointment yesterday. 

Worst doctor visit ever. Sat in the waiting room for over an hr. The lady at the front said she forgot me. I was called to the lab, by my first name. She never verified my full name of birthdate, and proceeded to stick me in the arm, too close to my elbow. I had to stop her and tell her to use the other arm. It took 3 in-and-out sticks. 40 mins later the lab tech came back and told me, in the waiting room, in front of 4 other couples, that it was negative and I could go home. Never had an ultrasound, never saw a doctor, nothing? Like, what the hell? 

So I guess my questions are? Why didn't I see a doctor? And why am I getting positive tests, but my blood test was negative? I have taken over 50 home pregnancy tests, all different brands, dye colors, digital, all different hcg detection levels, etc. 

What could this be? They are getting steadily darker.

by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 5:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cheetah90210
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 5:40 PM
Are you taking any medication.
SkellyBird
by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 5:42 PM
Wow. I've never heard of blood hcg results coming back that fast.
JjcH0911
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 5:45 PM
I think the nurse is dumb, and you need to go back ASAP, and make sure you see your doctor.. Idk why they wouldn't have you see your doctor anyways..
cheetah90210
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 5:45 PM
You have to quote the person you are responding to so we can see the response. But yes I've never heard of blood work coming back that fast either I've had same day blood work but it took about 3hours for the results. I'd go to another dr. Or to the hospital.

Quoting erstraver:

No, not taking any medicine. Just a prenatal. 

erstraver
by New Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 5:47 PM

Quoting SkellyBird: Wow. I've never heard of blood hcg results coming back that fast.

40 minutes is fast? Hell, she told me it would only take 20 mins. I am so confused...

SkellyBird
by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 5:50 PM
Mine took a day, but I live in the boonies. It sounds like they were super unprofessional and unkind to you. Maybe they look for a certain level to be considered "pregnant" to them and just didn't explain it to you? But clearly by your tests you are pregnant. I'd be looking into going elsewhere

Quoting erstraver:

Quoting SkellyBird: Wow. I've never heard of blood hcg results coming back that fast.

40 minutes is fast? Hell, she told me it would only take 20 mins. I am so confused...

SkellyBird
by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 5:51 PM
Did you give them a urine sample too?
erstraver
by New Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 5:54 PM

Quoting cheetah90210: You have to quote the person you are responding to so we can see the response. But yes I've never heard of blood work coming back that fast either I've had same day blood work but it took about 3hours for the results. I'd go to another dr. Or to the hospital.
Quoting erstraver:

This clinic is located in the big new hospital in town. My husband and I are considering another doctor. I plan on going back next week for a retest, and if I am treated anything like I was the last time, I will be going elsewhere. I don't understand why I got test results back so fast?

cheetah90210
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 5:56 PM
I think you're pregnant just a dumb nurse keep us posted.

Quoting erstraver:

Quoting cheetah90210: You have to quote the person you are responding to so we can see the response. But yes I've never heard of blood work coming back that fast either I've had same day blood work but it took about 3hours for the results. I'd go to another dr. Or to the hospital.

Quoting erstraver:

This clinic is located in the big new hospital in town. My husband and I are considering another doctor. I plan on going back next week for a retest, and if I am treated anything like I was the last time, I will be going elsewhere. I don't understand why I got test results back so fast?

Nicole_2007
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 5:57 PM
I would find some were else to go to or go to the er and tell tge, what happened and what all is going on and see if they can help you
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)