Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My baby's ultrasound pictures of his right leg

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 9:21 PM
  • 17 Replies

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

I compared these to the 21 week ultrasound photos and it's only getting worse. at that point the femur was measuring 20 weeks so it was only a week behind as opposed to 3 weeks behind now. and the fibula was measuring 17 weeks so only 4 weeks behind as opposed to 6 weeks behind now.

It makes me sad he's going to have so many obstacles to overcome in his childhood but I know he'll be a fighter.

My little Talon Cruz <3
by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 9:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kaves
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 9:31 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm glad he's coming into such a wonderful living family. With your support I'm sure he will not only overcome all those obstacles he will thrive! I will say a prayer for you, your family, and your little one.
Seximama23
by Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 9:37 PM
Aww I didn't know you were expecting again. He will be great
AngelLovingLife
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 9:49 PM
Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shadow_lark
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 11:49 PM
He'll be alright. Kids make the best of their situations and it sounds like he's a got a good support system already.
marissabrookee
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2015 at 7:12 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you!

Quoting kaves: I'm glad he's coming into such a wonderful living family. With your support I'm sure he will not only overcome all those obstacles he will thrive! I will say a prayer for you, your family, and your little one.
tina_a
by Christina on Feb. 19, 2015 at 7:38 AM
This! Praying for your little guy!

Quoting kaves: I'm glad he's coming into such a wonderful living family. With your support I'm sure he will not only overcome all those obstacles he will thrive! I will say a prayer for you, your family, and your little one.
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2015 at 8:45 PM
Big hugs!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Feb. 21, 2015 at 11:09 PM

<3  He has a strong mama who I'm sure will fill him up with love and confidence.  Please keep us posted on Talon. 

nikkifam5
by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 8:24 PM
My sons femur ans fibula measured small my whole pregnancy. They told me he would be about 5lbs and may face challenges. But we wouldn't know the extent until he was born. He came at 37 weeks ( final ultrasound said he wasn't due for another 5 weeks, it getting pushing back my due date because he wasn't growing properly ). He was 7 pounds 10 ounces and 20 1/2 inches long. His placenta was really small ans cord very thin, and my belly stopped growing at 35 weeks. . Aren't sure why. But they said sometimes ultrasound is very wrong with measurements. Especially when baby gets bigger and things are harder to get a real accurate measurement. Let's pray this is the same situation

I'm praying for your little guy !
marissabrookee
by Silver Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 8:45 PM

Yeah unfortunately its not just measuring small, it just stops halfway up the leg. We have had multiple ultrasounds and all show the same thing :( I'm not too hopeful but I guess anything can happen.

Quoting nikkifam5: My sons femur ans fibula measured small my whole pregnancy. They told me he would be about 5lbs and may face challenges. But we wouldn't know the extent until he was born. He came at 37 weeks ( final ultrasound said he wasn't due for another 5 weeks, it getting pushing back my due date because he wasn't growing properly ). He was 7 pounds 10 ounces and 20 1/2 inches long. His placenta was really small ans cord very thin, and my belly stopped growing at 35 weeks. . Aren't sure why. But they said sometimes ultrasound is very wrong with measurements. Especially when baby gets bigger and things are harder to get a real accurate measurement. Let's pray this is the same situation I'm praying for your little guy !

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)