Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Post Partum Pad recommendations?

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 11:53 PM
  • 27 Replies

Im an uber pre planner, so Im making sure every thing is already stocked at the house for after we get back from the the hospital.

So for those already been there done that moms... what type of pads, liners, fluffy matresses did you use and enjoy for after birth?

Thanks!

by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 11:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Curlgurl
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2015 at 12:04 AM
I liked the thin overnight type that weren't bulky but had a lot of coverage at first.
FireMoonGypsy
by Member on Feb. 19, 2015 at 1:04 AM
Extra long overnight ones
ambcortez
by on Feb. 19, 2015 at 1:09 AM
I bought the always overnights. They were thin and comfortable and I didn't have issues with leaking.
FireVixen
by Member on Feb. 19, 2015 at 1:10 AM

any particular brands work better than others?

Curlgurl
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2015 at 1:47 AM
I think mine were always brand in a black package with purple writing
schultzal
by on Feb. 19, 2015 at 3:47 AM
Look for maternity pads. They're the best type I found, when I had my dd.
greenlove2013
by on Feb. 19, 2015 at 3:48 AM
Idk but the hospital ones here are some damn thick.
MamaBearEH
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2015 at 4:16 AM
Honestly pads are awkward, and leave you constantly worrying about how your positioned to avoid leaks. I don't use them until the bleeding slows & I stop passing gushes or clots. Until then I use Tena underwear made for incontinence. I can freely move around and sleep in any position worry free.
StaciF
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2015 at 4:26 AM
I wear depends the first couple days lol! I despise those horrid giant pads and refuse to wear them - I'm always afraid they wil twist Od leak when I stand up and have a gush. I just wear some full bottom undies over the depends and have never had any issues and know I'm fully covered. It's only the first few days and then I can switch to a regular pad. I've found the always with Infiniti to work best.
Cafe Steph
by on Feb. 19, 2015 at 8:38 AM

I used Always overnights with wings. They're thin enough to not add unwanted bulk and absorbent enough to not cause leakage, they adhere to underwear well so you can move freely, and they're long enough that you can sleep on your side or back without fearing leaks.

If they'd had the Infinity type back then, I'd have used those in the overnight version for extra guarantee against leaks, but I never did leak with even the regular overnight types.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)