Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sex before period = baby???

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2015 at 8:13 AM
  • 12 Replies

Ok, so I know any sex can lead to a pregnancy. I may be a stupid stupid fool but my husband and I had sex a few days before my period and I gave him the green flag "I won't get pregnant!!"...Well my period is due tomorrow-ish and since that time I have had sore boobs, heartburn (my biggest pregnancy symptom) fatigue and irritability. I know anything can cause these things but the sore boobs got me worried. 

I have a 5 month old who is not breast feeding. I got pregnant with her when the post partum bleeding stopped with my oldest. She was an unplanned surprise and I conceived at a time I didn;t think I would. We were not trying to get pregnant but also not avoiding it...I had some complications and a botched c-section with my first so I am worried about having more children. 

So my question is.....Anyone here get pregnant having unprotected sex a few days before your period?? 

If you call me a fool or an idiot I will take that as my due medicine. ugh fingers crosed!!

by on Feb. 27, 2015 at 8:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by Silver Member on Feb. 27, 2015 at 10:40 AM

Most women ovulate about 2 weeks before their period is due. But not everyone is the same obviously and if you have a 5 month old your cycles might not be regular yet. I've never gotten pregnant that close to the start of my period.

uriahadel
by Member on Feb. 27, 2015 at 1:20 PM
I did with my daughter!
YzmaRocks
by on Feb. 27, 2015 at 4:49 PM
It depends on when you ovulated. You cannot get pregnant without an egg available so if there was no egg you were fine. Breastfeeding can throw off ovulation though so if you ovulated later, then yes you could be pregnant.
Ayasmama
by Member on Feb. 27, 2015 at 5:48 PM

This is what worries me. With my baby my due date count was off by about 2 weeks....I guess time will tell...

Quoting C.H.E.L.S.E.A:

Most women ovulate about 2 weeks before their period is due. But not everyone is the same obviously and if you have a 5 month old your cycles might not be regular yet. I've never gotten pregnant that close to the start of my period.

Pukity
by on Feb. 27, 2015 at 6:06 PM

I haven't and don't know anyone that had but maybe you ovulated later. but are you late on your period? have you tested?  Fx for you.

Ayasmama
by Member on Feb. 27, 2015 at 9:22 PM

I live in the Arctic in Northern Canada. To get a test I have to go to the nurse station. That kind of sucks cause I don't have the privacy of my own bathroom.If I get a pregnancy test up here everyone will know.  I am going to Toronto March 7 so if no period by then I will get a test from the dollar store :)

Quoting Pukity:

I haven't and don't know anyone that had but maybe you ovulated later. but are you late on your period? have you tested?  Fx for you.

Pukity
by on Feb. 28, 2015 at 1:06 PM

oh I see,  Good luck  :)

Quoting Ayasmama:

I live in the Arctic in Northern Canada. To get a test I have to go to the nurse station. That kind of sucks cause I don't have the privacy of my own bathroom.If I get a pregnancy test up here everyone will know.  I am going to Toronto March 7 so if no period by then I will get a test from the dollar store :)

Quoting Pukity:

blessbest
by KristinMom on Feb. 28, 2015 at 4:19 PM
It's happening again. H&H9
Lol, maybe your body is getting ready to menstruate.
Curlgurl
by Bronze Member on Mar. 1, 2015 at 9:47 PM
I got pregnant when my daughter was about 5 months old. I had only had 1 period since I had her and I ovulated around the time I should have had another period according to my previous cycle
Ayasmama
by Member on Mar. 2, 2015 at 5:27 AM

This is what I am afraid of! My last baby was conceived at a time that I didn't expect. My period was off because I had just gotten my first period (after 11 glorious months without one)....

I don't want a repeat!

But great news! My period started today. Thank god. I would LOVE to have another baby sometime, but I am still recovering from my last c-section and the thought scares me. 

Time to go out and buy some real birth control!

Quoting Curlgurl: I got pregnant when my daughter was about 5 months old. I had only had 1 period since I had her and I ovulated around the time I should have had another period according to my previous cycle

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)