Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Uterine Window

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 7:06 PM
  • 3 Replies

I went in yesterday to have my high risk 28 week (3rd trimester) exam done. My dr was explaining that from my previous c-section with #2 that it is noted that I have a uterine window that was ruptured and they stitched up. My DD (#2) is now 3 1/2 so I've had plenty of time to heal or at least I hope since I waited longer this time then with my 1st two pregncies. I had to deliver DD at 37 weeks because I was having contractions at 36 weeks 5mins apart for 5 days without any change in dialation which raised a red flag to my OB since I was almost 100% effaced at the 36 week exam and only a pinky dialated, so we did a semi emergency c-section a few days later at 37 weeks which is when they found the window during labor. My dd and I were both lucky to have made it alive from what we were both told. If you have had a repeat c-section with a window when did you deliver? I'm a little scared of delivering at 37 weeks again if something was to happen again. 

by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 7:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 7:58 PM

Wow I am sorry hun. Sounds like they put you in serious risk for an unnessesary reason! Prodromal labor without progression is common weeks prior to labor. Maybe seek out a second opinion and see what they think about your history!! I would freak out to deliver earlier then 37 wks too! But by the sounds of it your Dr wont mind. Good Luck 

Nicole_2007
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 10:30 PM
I don't know. With my second I had a rupture or something that they didn't catch and almost died. With my third same thing but they caught it and stopped the bleeding. I went into labor on my own with both of them though. With this one they are going to watch for the same thing
andersonmommy2
by on Mar. 5, 2015 at 12:38 AM
1 mom liked this
With all my babies it's c section. High risk Dr won't do it before 37 weeks due to lungs. But I'm worried if we do it as close to or at we may run into the same problem. I want there to be a medium between both my health and baby's health. My edd had to be on oxygen for 18hrs after birth due to premature lungs. The nurses called my milk miracle milk because after I fed her at 14hrs after birth she started to gain control of her breathing and was in with me a few hrs later for the rest of the duration of our stay. I see my reg ob tomorrow so hoping to get some other opinion that way.

Quoting NoraDun:

Wow I am sorry hun. Sounds like they put you in serious risk for an unnessesary reason! Prodromal labor without progression is common weeks prior to labor. Maybe seek out a second opinion and see what they think about your history!! I would freak out to deliver earlier then 37 wks too! But by the sounds of it your Dr wont mind. Good Luck 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)