Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Uterus Tightening and more cramps than usual at almost 13 weeks. Like a braxton hicks except it doesn't go away?

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 9:21 PM
  • 4 Replies

Could this be a baby growth spurt?

I have a huge appetite this week and have been wanting copious amounts of water. No lifestyle changes. Doing my regular low key workout in the evening (it isn't causing the issue it starts before so the last couple nights I haven't been feeling like doing much). I feel really bad anxiety. Skull cap helped last night But tonight it's the same tight uterus I feel out of breath like a not super strong but constant braxton hicks level contraction. Skull cap not working so far. And my pelvis is sore if i am not sitting or laying completely still. Could this be a baby growth spurt? I have no spotting or real contractions... I have been feeling bigger this week like more full above the pelvis bone. Thoughts? Encouragement? Should I call my midwife again? I called her yesterday and she got me set up with the skull cap but I feel like one of those crazy paranoid pregnant moms that calls the doc all the time.... (Also note this is my second baby, my pregnancy with this first was waaaay easy and different so I feel so out of my element here).

Thanks ladies! ah!

K

by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 9:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Cafe Steph
by on Mar. 5, 2015 at 10:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Call your midwife, if only for peace of mind. Nobody will think anything negatively about it - it's your first time experiencing these things so it's natural to be concerned. Every pregnancy is different. :)

rachel216
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2015 at 11:13 AM
1 mom liked this
Id call your midwife. It could be that baby is on some kind of nerve or something. I wouldnt chance it both my pregnancies were very very different!
KayGalg
by on Mar. 9, 2015 at 2:06 AM

Thank you ladies for the reassurance. I did call her and things are better now. She does think it was a growth spurt. And I see her this coming friday so she can check out my size and whatnot. :)

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Mar. 12, 2015 at 3:23 PM
What is skull cap?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)