Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sharing rooms

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 10:34 PM
  • 4 Replies

His girls are 10 & 3.5 and currently when with us share a room.  However we are expecting in June with another daughter.   

We are looking at moving into a 3 bedroom home.  Trying to decide how to do it.  Do we put his two kids together and our newborn in her own room.  She will share a space in our room for 3-4 months, not cobedding.  

If his tow are together maybe it would encourage the older daughter to take on an added room in the basement we own to do, but honestly I don't see that.  She is already scared of even a heater running at night. Or do we separate the two and have the little one and newborn share a room?  Only thing is don't know if the 3 yr old would wake every time baby wakes.  She would be nearly 4 by the time they would share.

bedtimes are 8:30 and 9 for the two kids and obviously baby isn't exactly a schedule, but will be up at night hours for feedings yet.

leaning on two little together and doing a room for older alone.

CafeMom Tickers

by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 10:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
gardencrafting
by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 11:56 PM

Mine all share rooms the boys have one room there is three of them, we have a bunk bed and another king sized bed in their room and the girls have their own room, two of them they have two king sized beds. The boys are 8, 4 and 3 and the girls are 9 and 6. They have always shared a room and it's gone pretty good, I don't know how it would work since they aren't use to it though.

I'm wondering how it's going to go for me too when this baby gets here.

CLA25233
by Member on Mar. 5, 2015 at 12:56 AM

Talk to them.  The oldest should really be involved in the choice.  She's old enough to have a voice.  

That being said my older two (b/g) share the master right now and dd2 is in the "office" (ds's old room).  Since the daughters like to sleep later then ds, we are considering putting him back in his room and the two girls upstairs.  Even though dd1 is 11 and dd2 and almost 3, we think in addition to the sleep schedules (ds gets up at an ungodly hour), ds is almost 7 and sort of a pest.  As she's starting to mature, I just don't think he has enough respect or self control to be respectful of her personal space and privacy.  Even with another younger sibling, I think the girl/girl aspect might be better for dd1.  Ds can room with new baby boy when he moves out of our room eventually.  Maybe ds2 will also be an early riser.  

Peregrine
by Member on Mar. 5, 2015 at 6:43 AM
We have twin boys who will always share a room. They just want to be together. My ss will share their room when he is five (he's almost 4 now) because he wants to. This baby will have his or her own room.
kgbm13
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2015 at 8:40 AM

It has been a fun time with the kdis in their own room.  Bm shares one bed with both daughters and herself.  So when they come the little one does ok in her own bed but older child still has a desire to be with us as well as a fear of things that she shouldn't be scared of.  Like the heater, dryer running overnight or even frogs cracking in the summer.

which is another reason I don't know about taking little sister out of the shared room if we do the move.  So much to consider.  I've even considered baby with older child but with her waking at any noise thwt isn't very good, granted across the hall may not change that either.

if we do this move, the property we are looking at is about 4 blocks from the kids.  Cheaper to build a manufactured home on empty lot vs buying used house.  So it's just getting it all together.

Quoting gardencrafting:

Mine all share rooms the boys have one room there is three of them, we have a bunk bed and another king sized bed in their room and the girls have their own room, two of them they have two king sized beds. The boys are 8, 4 and 3 and the girls are 9 and 6. They have always shared a room and it's gone pretty good, I don't know how it would work since they aren't use to it though.

I'm wondering how it's going to go for me too when this baby gets here.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)